PDA

View Full Version : The Fishery Inn, Boxmoor, Hemel Hempstead, He

Soureau
16-11-2010, 6:45 PM
Good evening,

I'm trying to trace the WALL family, who were tenants (I think) of the Fishery Inn at Boxmoor from about 1879 to 1882-ish.

Walter WALL and his wife Laura (of French origin) moved down from Northamptonshire around 1879. We find them at the Fishery in the 1881 census. 3 weks later there was a tragic incident, as Walter shot himself on
27th April 1881, and there was an inquest held at the Inn on the same day. I have a newspaper article from the Hemel Hempstead Gazette relating the details.

However, I am interested in trying to find WHEN the WALL's took over the Inn, and when Laura WALL, the widow, relinquished her tenancy.

I believe that one of the best ways would be to find information from the Petty Sessions Licensed Victualler's Records, presumably held by the Herts Archives. Living abroad, I have little chance of going there personally, but wondered if anyone might have any information on the existence of these records for that period (1879 - 1882) and would be willing to do a look-up for me.

Any help on this one would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance,

Nick

olive_oyl
22-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Hi Nick, i realise this is abit late but im currently researching all the pubs in hemel hempstead & i stumbled cross this thread.
You may already have this information but here's something that may be of interest to you:

http://
deadpubs.co.uk/HertsPubs/HemelHempstead/FisheryInn.shtml

kind regards!

stepives
22-01-2012, 2:04 PM
Info already secured. Sorry.