PDA

View Full Version : Catholic records in Tipperari

chrisdoohan
14-11-2010, 6:32 PM
Is it possible for me to access catholic marriages in Neana Tipperari? And if so where do I begin?

Elwyn Soutter
14-11-2010, 8:13 PM
www.
irishtimes.com/ancestor/browse/counties/rcmaps/

Cathbr
07-12-2010, 5:14 PM
Try this site.....
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347

I've found it usefull.

Aussie_trekkie
17-07-2011, 9:37 AM
I visited Nenagh last year and the local parish church St Joseph has records going back to 1818 . You could write to them or email them. Goggle St Joseph Nenagh.

I went first to the Hertitage Society which has a website telling you they have thousand of records and they advertise that they are open 9-5. It was a total waste of time . The geneologist works part time and the story was I could pay her 80 euro fill out a form and she would look up the details. I couldn't even get to speak with her. The records they have available are on her computer and not available at the centre. It a bit like the IFHF and we all know they charge like wounded Bulls!!. I made the trip especially to do the looks up myself. I wished they made it clear that the records are not in Nenagh. The National Lirbary of Ireland has all the parish records for that area on microfilm. But if you are sure they were from Nenagh town your best bet is St Joseph.