PDA

View Full Version : lost

SFJONES
29-05-2005, 11:39 AM
I am very new not just to this site , but to the ways of geneology in total , how do i find marraiges , and censurs

mary elms
29-05-2005, 1:39 PM
Hello & Welcome,

If you give us a name, a place & some dates perhaps we can get you started. It's often easier to give heplful directions when there's something concrete to use as a guide.

Mary.

AnnB
29-05-2005, 2:01 PM
One of the best places to find the basics is at http://www.british-genealogy.com/ part of the Parish Chest site.
Best wishes
Ann

sally
26-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I am very new not just to this site , but to the ways of geneology in total , how do i find marraiges , and censurs
One of the best places to find marriages etc & census for Scotland is Scotlandspeople- it is a pay to view site.

First go to the top menu & look at "What's in the database" as this will show what they have at the moment regarding indexes & images. Then go to "Help & Resources" also at the top & take the time to read it as it will help.
You will have to register before you can do any searches but you do not have to buy credite to do the searches. Only when you want to look at the actual results do they ask you to pay up.
I find it easier to start a search with just forename & surname & a county if you know it & then narrow the search if needed. Common surnames in Scotland are always harder to pin down so hopefully you will have a more unusual one.
Good luck
Sally