PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Dorrell - West Wycombe. Born 1753

PaulDorrell
19-10-2010, 2:47 PM
Hugh was the son of Thomas Dorrell and Anne Ferreras. They married in 1747. Hugh was christened in 1753. Can anyone tell me who he married and when - and who their children were please? The online Parish records don't make a mention of him after his christening. It is possible of course that he moved away and married elsewhere (probably London) but any information will be appreciated.

Paul

PaulDorrell
20-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm seeking information about the decendents of Hugh and Thomas Dorrell, sons of Hugh Dorrell and Elizabeth Fisher. Thomas was born in 1729 and his brother Hugh in 1725

Geoffers
20-10-2010, 12:11 PM
This thread was originally in the One-name Studies forum, which exists to record those who are undertaking one-name studies.

It also appears to be closely related to another thread on the Buckinghamshire forum.

I have therefore merged the two related threads onto the Buckinghamshire forum.

delphine
17-07-2011, 1:46 PM
Hi Cousin
Not been on the Forum for a while so missed your post. Did I tell you in our off-Forum exchanges that I now have the Bucks FHS transcripts of baptisms, marriages and burials for DORRELL and variants? What I have been doing is to try to link across in the 18th and early 19th century - our mutual ancestor left the county in the 1820s - coping with the family not always getting their kids baptised in the same parish, adding in the infants buried etc etc. Happy to let you have my work in progress - though it's 39 pages tabulated by parishes, arranged into Hundreds, and compiled in Openoffice.org (as we don't use MSWord). Not sure how well tables convert in .rtf - but OpenOffice.org is free to download. There's a possible fly in the ointment, as there was a substantial nonconformist presence in the Chalfonts - and there are some potentially relevant DORRELLs in the Quaker and other records. Also a Fleet marriage in 1745 ....... Happy to help if I can - now returning to transcribing research into FH program, as it's raining in Devon.
Kind regards
"Delphine"

delphine
17-07-2011, 2:37 PM
Re last reply - forgot to add that I'm also trying to integrate Posse Comitatus info and censuses where appropriate. Displacement activity ....?

PaulDorrell
20-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Hello Delphine,

I've been away for a few days too, but I now have OpenOffice loaded and would be very interested to see whether anything you have uncovered ties in with my tree. I believe you already have my email address.

Regards,

Paul