PDA

View Full Version : Ethel Matilda HAMBLING born Brundish SFK

Pam Downes
11-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Baptism, Chapel Hill, Lincolnshire
Page 99, entry number 790
30 March 1913
Ethel Matilda, daughter of Thomas HAMBLING, abode Brundish, Suffolk. Occupation horseman on farm.
Ethel born 17 September 1896

(Ethel may have been a servant in Chapel Hill, with Thomas still living in Suffolk. In 1911 Ethel is a servant in Norfolk, Thomas living with wife and other children in Suffolk.)

Feel free to pass these details to a local FHS or other group who might be interested.

ADDED (April 2023)
FreeBMD has the marriage of Ethel's parents as Thomas HEMBLING and Harriet LARTER, March quarter 1896, Hoxne registration district.
Ethel's birth registered as Ethel Matilda HEMBLING. December quarter 1896, Hoxne registration district.

Jeuel
11-10-2010, 4:08 PM
I'm hoping that her father was a horseman!

Pam Downes
11-10-2010, 5:44 PM
|doh| I forgot to add from the record - father's occupation - horseman.
Is Ethel one of yours, Jeuel?

Quite funny the father being a horseman, as the vicar who conducted the ceremony was Harness Rundle. :smile5:
Pam

bibliojunkie
11-10-2010, 6:20 PM
Pam, you did mention the occupation:

Occupation horeman on farm

Nice one Jeuel :yes:

Ali

Pam Downes
11-10-2010, 6:36 PM
I'm going to sulk. I got all excited thinking I'd found someone's relative, and then I find I'm getting picked on because my computer can't spell. Some people on this forum are not nice.|shakehead
Pam
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

......and idly wonders if a nice Mod could perhaps please correct afore-mentioned spelling mistake just in case someone does pass the info on to a local FHS. Don't particularly want my spelling mistake to continue down the chain!

bibliojunkie
11-10-2010, 7:00 PM
Aw, Pam |hug|

Both you and Jeuel gave me a very welcome laugh tonight.

Ali (not a stranger to typos)