PDA

View Full Version : Need A Date and Ages of Children

windmill
28-09-2010, 9:07 PM
http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x398/windmill710/Family%20History/?action=view&current=KennedysandDalys.jpg&newest=1

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/x398/windmill710/Family%20History/KennedysandDalys.jpg

This is my great grandfather James Kennedy and his second wife Sophia taken on Blackpool Prom. The children are a mixture of 2 of his children boy and girl and Sophia's 2 girls. Sophia was previously his sister-inlaw and they married in 1917. His daughter died in 1920. So the date could be between this time span? I dont know who the two younger ones are.
Any idea's on ages and date would be of help.

Thanks
Windmill

windmill
29-09-2010, 5:02 PM
Seems to be on now.

Windmill

windmill
29-09-2010, 7:42 PM
Thanks Adele. I knew it was to good to be true when i thought it had loaded OK the first time!

Also thanks Graham R for taking a look, it has helped. To me they all look old and hard to age, so its good to have a fresh pair of eyes.

The boy was born in 1901 and i think he's my Grt Uncle Arthur Kennedy who settled to Fall River Massachusetts in 1922.

The girl next to him could be my Grt Aunt Emily Kennedy who died in 1920 of TB.

The other two older looking girls are Florence Daly born 1897 Manchester and her sister Margaret May Daly born 1899 Manchester. But i have no idea which is which?

As for the young girl aged abt 4 and the other seated next to her i have no idea who they are. None of the younger people in the photograph were married at this time and as you can see by the photograph James and Sophia were getting on a bit, and they did not have any children together. They must be other family members.

Thanks
Windmill

windmill
30-09-2010, 6:49 PM
Thanks graham R.
James Kennedy was born 1869 Manchester and Sophia nee Chapman Daly Kennedy was born in Newmarket Cambridgeshire in 1866. Sophia did have several stepchildren from her first marriage before she had Florence and Margaret May Daly, but from what i can gather these children had nothing to do with her after her 1st husband James Daly died. I have just checked the 1911 census and it only has Florence and Margaret May living with her. James Kennedy's children are all unmarried on the 1911 and the 1st marriage is of my grandfather in 1922. Of his other children Emily died of TB Arthur went to Fall River and William was killed in an accident in Manchester in 1928 still unmarried.
Thanks
Windmill

windmill
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Thanks Graham R for all your hard work on this, its appreciated. Yes Mary ann was Sophia's sister and i also have them on the 1911 at the same address. I have James and Sophia marriage cert to confirm the date. Also on the 1911 Sophia is a widow living with her daughters, it states children born alive 4 children still living 2 .
I have also been digging around and found that Sophia's other sister Sarah Jones nee Chapman has 3 daughters, on the 1911 she's living at 48 Bridge Street Hulme Manchester and has 3 daughters. Twin girls Edith and Alice aged 2 and the Lilly aged 3 mths. I suppose theirs an outside chance that Lilly could be the little girl in the photo? Suppose i will never know.
Thanks again
Windmill