PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Photocopies

Titanicfan
21-09-2010, 2:39 PM
Hi all

I have been on the FamilySearch Beta site and I have found lots of baptisms and marriages for my ancestors and I would like to order a photocopy of these. I have just found out which forms to download and print/fax off to the LDS but the only options they have for payment is money order or credit card. Does anyone know how I go about getting a money order as I can't use the credit card option?

Any advice would be most welcomed.

rogtut
21-09-2010, 3:16 PM
Hello Titanicfan

If you're in Middlesex (like me) why you don't go to the LDS Family History Centre in London (opposite the Science Museum in Exhibition Road). They have a large stock of films on site and if you need to order one that's not there they charge £7.50 shipping. You can check in advance if the film is on site via their London website. They charge 20P for a photocopy or 30P to download a record to a memory stick. Alternatively there is no charge to take a digital photo from the film reader screen.

As a bonus they have free access to the major genealogical online websites.

Peter Goodey
21-09-2010, 3:22 PM
Or order from the appropriate county record office where you won't have to worry about international payments.

Titanicfan
21-09-2010, 3:37 PM
Unfortunately, I can't get out to the local LDS and it works out a lot cheaper for me to order from the LDS because Southampton Archives will charge me £35 an hour after the free 15 minutes is up!

Kerrywood
21-09-2010, 4:01 PM
Titanicfan, have you seen this page?

wiki.familysearch.org/en/Photoduplication_Services (put https:// in front)

The Post Office used to supply money orders, but I'm not sure if they still do ...