PDA

View Full Version : Spiller-sherborne

janesteve
23-05-2005, 8:41 PM
I am looking for more info of George Hutchings SPILLER(b. 1835) who married(?)Mary of Minterne as she was known in the family.1861 census describes George as a widower; there is a grandson, also George age 2yrs.Who was George junior's mother? When did George marry Mary? Both are described on my grandfather's baptism record as the parents of Reginald Frank(b. 1862-Sherborne). The plot thickens! I would be very grateful if somone can unravel this maze.
Janesteve

Wirral
25-09-2005, 1:47 PM
Do you have the full household for the 1861 census? The head of the household is Mary Spiller, mother of George H. Spiller (snr). George H. Spiller jnr age 2 is probably the son of George H. Spiller snr age 26 and Mary Ann Hooper. They were married September quarter 1855. William Henry Hooper Spiller died Sep Q 1857, probably another child of theirs.
George H. Spiller snr is on the 1841 census with his parents James & Mary.
Let me know if you want full details.

The birth certificate of Reginald Frank Spiller will give his mother's maiden name.
It is listed on www.freeBMD.org.uk , but it is hard to read the details for the entry. Looks like Sherborne 5a 370 to me.