PDA

View Full Version : Frederick J Kingdom

Sharon
22-05-2005, 4:03 PM
|help| Can anyone recommend a cheap but good researcher.
I am hoping that among the surviving records from WW1 that my Great Grandfathers are there.
I am looking for information on
Frederick J KINGDOM
Royal Field Artillery
Service Number L/31062
Rank Driver
Died 10/11/1918
Sharon
|bowdown|

joette
18-06-2005, 6:21 PM
I have service records nos & in one case the actual medals of one great uncle. I can find no trace in any medal records in Archive. Are all Medal awarded recorded? These three men fought & died for their country & I would like to know that in fifty years or so my family could look & say "thats what medal they got".
Incidentally I had great succees with the CWGC.-just one E-Mail & my great uncle was added to the Debt of Honour roll.

Melissa
10-08-2005, 1:55 AM
I guess you know he is on

www.cwgc.org

His next of Kin was his sister Mrs F.J Hemmings and He is buried in Mikra British cemetary in Greece. He would be on the "Soldiers died in the WW1 CD".

Some of these guys have the CD which has more infomation on it, like where he enlisted. They are also quite helpful

To get next of kin, you could buy your grandmothers and grandfathers marriage certificate.
Then if your gr.grandfather's wife is written on that buy you gr.grandfathers marriage cert and gr.grandmothers. That way if your bmetary in Greece. He would be on the "Soldiers died in the WW1 CD".

That's what I have done to save expense! And it was successful
Mel