PDA

View Full Version : Never Assume

olliecat
24-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Been having some fun with the National Probate Calendar on Anc--. Found about 50 probates so far; annoyingly not one of them a direct line ancestor but good to have nonetheless.Thought I would have a rest looking for wills and went to view my Welsh ancestors; I hadn’t bothered looking for wills for them, after all colliers don’t earn much do they!
Anyway, a probate hint popped up for Thomas Jenkins my 3x gt grandfather. Had a look and yes – it was his – right address and right date of death.

YIPPEE. Good ol. Thomas. He left about £20,000 in today’s money. Not bad for a colliery fireman in the 1890’s. Now to order the will! He-he! :clap:

The moral – never assume ANYTHING with family history. |doh|

v.wells
25-08-2010, 2:20 AM
That's terrific Ollie:hurray: I better start looking for my Welsh lot too - one never knows what surprises lurk around the corner :)

Barnzzz
25-08-2010, 7:43 PM
Yes its worth a look, I've just found one of mine who was a coachman and then a jobmaster, whatever that was. It must have paid well because he left the equivalent of £66,246!

I'm going to check everyone just in case!

glynisaddy
26-08-2010, 12:08 PM
very worth a look i found my g grandfather straight away,he left 5,000 in todays money-bless him
glynis