PDA

View Full Version : It's a mystery to me.....

Geoffers
19-05-2005, 9:51 AM
...the game commences (brownie points to anyone who can recognise the start of one of the great songs of our time)

Anyway, for years I've been trying to establish why some long-established local families, all but disappear from the parish registers for Buxton, Norfolk in the second quarter of the 18th century - where did they go? I know I won't get a 'eureka' moment, but every now and then I make a little headway, a small gain which may be useful. I've just had one from the Board of Stamps Apprentice Books (yes, I know I've mentioned these many times before). After working through some 3,500 pages I find that John LOW of Tunstead was apprenticed for 7 years from 4 Feb 1727 to Martin WHEELER of Dilham, Carpenter.

For working through that number of pages (and I'm going to carry on with the rest), this may seem incredibly insignificant to the rest of you. But this little gem has put a smile on my face (you have to imagine it on the photo). I've got another lead to follow. I'm no longer in Dire Straits, such are Private Investigations!!
:D :D :D

Geoffers

Procat
19-05-2005, 9:57 AM
Well done Geoffers.

PS Dire Straits, Money for Nothing, Private investigations - 1983?
(Hunting for Brownie Points :) )

Guy Etchells
19-05-2005, 2:41 PM
It's a mystery to me, maybe you prefer love over gold.
Cheers
Guy