PDA

View Full Version : Profile Picture

Ken Boyce
18-05-2005, 11:07 PM
I have come of age at 101 and am now a senior so I thought I would hang a picture to celebrate. But no luck - anyone care to hazard a guess why I cannot get a profile picture to appear

It's a 95x90 14kB Gif which appears ok in the CP Editor but does not appear on the Forum page

I'm using the upload from computer feature Does this mean that the graphic uploads every time I sign in or xoes it upload to my forum file once

Regards

Ken Boyce
19-05-2005, 4:39 AM
http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/image.php?u=205&type=profile&dateline=1116456472 If you can't fix - fudge it

Ken Boyce
19-05-2005, 4:45 AM
When it left here the text and graphic were together what gremlin put in the url

Now I'm 103 and a little greyer

Diane Grant-Salmon
19-05-2005, 8:52 AM
Your piccie is in your Member Profile (when you click on your name, then Profile) ...... but if you mean that it doesn't show in your messages which you post, those pictures are called avatars. Only Administrators, Moderators and a few special people can have those.

Rod Neep
19-05-2005, 4:41 PM
and even then... only those who want to use real pictures and not cartoons ;)

Peggy
19-05-2005, 6:44 PM
You aren't telling us that the Archive CD Books Australia representative really is a Wookie?

:cool:

Peggy

Ken Boyce
19-05-2005, 11:04 PM
and even then... only those who want to use real pictures and not cartoons ;)
The Devil made me do it....honest!

Ladkyis
20-05-2005, 12:42 AM
"You aren't telling us that the Archive CD Books Australia representative really is a Wookie?"

Ah now the other time that Rod allowed a "non-human" type picture was when it was a very good likeness, right down to the wings and halo, so don't assume that Archive CD Books Australia doesn't look like a wookie even if he isn't one.

My picture looks nothing like me (she says with tongue firmly in cheek) I am really a size ten with legs that go up to my shoulders (if wishes were horses then beggars would ride)
Ann

Carrie Meerten
20-05-2005, 1:28 AM
I have a cartoony type pic for my avatar at present. The only reason for this is I am a little unsure of posting full details on the web. My username used to be only my surname, but I asked Rod if he could change it for me and he did, thankyou :D - to include my first name as well. Small changes at a time for me. You hear all the time about people taking identities (not saying that anyone in this forum would do that) but you just don't know as to who is watching, looking etc.

Eventually, I will change my avatar to a photo of myself. One step at a time. Have only just (not long ago now) had avatar added to my profile.

Peggy
20-05-2005, 2:18 AM
Hi Ann,

I figured it was a case of following excellent advice: "Let the Wookie win."

;)

Peggy

Rod Neep
20-05-2005, 2:27 AM
I guess that Stephen just liked that picture. (He's much better looking in person though). Maybe it had something to do with the sounds that he sometimes makes?

Londonwhay
20-05-2005, 2:30 PM
Ah now the other time that Rod allowed a "non-human" type picture was when it was a very good likeness, right down to the wings and halo, so don't assume that Archive CD Books Australia doesn't look like a wookie even if he isn't one.
AnnNow who could that be.... ;)