PDA

View Full Version : PINCHBACK/PINCHBECK, Atherstone

Dolly
13-10-2004, 9:02 AM
Thomas Pinchbeck born circa 1794 Atherstone or Athestone Warks. On 1851 is living at 82 GT Kings St Birmingham and surname appears as Pinchbeek

Which parishes cover the above?

valerie p
22-10-2004, 5:18 PM
Hello Dolly,
The parish church for Atherstone was St Peters, Mancetter. That is the correct spelling & has nothing to do with Manchester!
The IGI has a couple of non conformist chapels in Atherstone represented covering mid-1700's and 1795- abt 1815.
By about 1850 St Mary's in Atherstone itself began to be used for Cof E.
Pinchbeck/Pinchback was a fairly usual name then but I don't think it is found in the town today.

Don't get waylaid by records for Atherstone on Stour, also in Warwickshire.
I have access to Atherstone records if you need anything.
Valerie

Dolly
24-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Thank you Valerie

This family is so confusing!

Thomas & Emma had their first children in Nottingham starting around 1824 then SKS found them in 1851 in B'ham, where I knew that they had gone because one of their sons was listed with his sister & her husband in 1881 his birthplace was Birmingham, in 1851 they list 2 sons born Birmingham. I have searched the IGI for non-conformist chapels in Atherstone but can't find a Thomas baptism for a date that would fit.

The only marriage that I have found that is a possibility is for Thomas Pinchbeck to Elizabeth Ball in Aston 12th November 1821. In 1851 Elizabeth Pinchbeck gives her place of birth as "Erdington", so I don't know if I have found the correct marriage.

kymberlynn
21-06-2008, 8:58 PM
hi valerie, do you still have access to atherstone records? k.