PDA

View Full Version : Copy message to own e-mail address

dreward
27-07-2010, 4:10 PM
One of my greatest problems on B-G - when I get round to sending a message - is remembering when and to where/whom I sent it. I believe however this can be done by clicking on a particular tab but for the life of me I can't remember where this would be.

On some other forums it is possible to send yourself an e-mail of your message by clicking "send e-mail" or whatever.
I know Bo-Peep and all her good sheep are doing their best to make even more B-G perfect but could they find time one day to implement this extra - or is it already there?

Cheers

Dave

Lizzy9
27-07-2010, 4:34 PM
Here's what I do, but there's probably an easier way; however this works for me.

Tick the messages you'd like to save; scroll down click 'selected messages' select 'download as text' this will save the message to notepad, you can then copy and paste and email to yourself.

Mutley
27-07-2010, 6:17 PM
I am not sure what you mean either.
Are you asking about Private Messages, sent and received through the PM system or...
Messages received on a thread, notification that a thread you are involved in, has a reply like this one?

If it is thread messages then you can click 'email notification' in your profile.
If it is PM messages then you can click on 'save them to your sent box' and keep them stored here on BG. You can even set up folders for those members you often private message.

dreward
27-07-2010, 9:28 PM
I am not sure what you mean either.
Are you asking about Private Messages, sent and received through the PM system or...
Messages received on a thread, notification that a thread you are involved in, has a reply like this one?

If it is thread messages then you can click 'email notification' in your profile.
If it is PM messages then you can click on 'save them to your sent box' and keep them stored here on BG. You can even set up folders for those members you often private message.

Following the advice from "Notanotherminer" I found that in my outbox the last message sent was on 11-09-2009 and the inbox was 21-10-2009.

Now I know I have sent at least 50 messages this year alone but none are recorded in the outbox this year 2010.

Mutley, I am talking about thread messages and the e-mail notification has long been activated.

I will try and explain further.

When I send this message, via a thread as now, what I am looking for, as I can do on some other forums, is to receive a copy of my thread message via my e-mail address which I can then add to a specific subject folder in the e-mail program. This means that in the initial personal settings I can give my e-mail address to receive the messages that I, as the originator of a message or replier to a thread, can send out.

As far as I can tell in B-G you can't do this, hence my original request.

Hope this helps

Dave

Mutley
27-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Well the old Mut is not very clever when it comes to this stuff but.....
there is a place (as a moderator) that I can go and look at your settings. I don't like going there because one false move and I might turn you into fairy dust!! :lol:

I have changed one of your settings, it is Automatic Thread Subscription Mode, yours said 'do not subscribe' and I have changed it to 'Instant Email Notification'. That means you should be notified by email, that I have responded on this thread.

You should also receive a 'Notification Email When a Private Message is Received'

That is, of course, if your email address is correct.

Please let me know if it works.

dreward
28-07-2010, 9:40 AM
Well the old Mut is not very clever when it comes to this stuff but.....
there is a place (as a moderator) that I can go and look at your settings. I don't like going there because one false move and I might turn you into fairy dust!! :lol:

I have changed one of your settings, it is Automatic Thread Subscription Mode, yours said 'do not subscribe' and I have changed it to 'Instant Email Notification'. That means you should be notified by email, that I have responded on this thread.

You should also receive a 'Notification Email When a Private Message is Received'

That is, of course, if your email address is correct.

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks for that. I can only assume that the settings were changed when B-G changed systems earlier in the year. That shows how often I delve into the backroom mysteries. As far as I kmow I had set those settings for Auto Thread subscription to mail notification a few years back.

Dave