PDA

View Full Version : 2 more Jones siblings - very little known

Colin Rowledge
22-07-2010, 2:10 PM
When very little is known - given the difficult circumstances relating to the raising of Ronald's 3 daughters - Here is all we know: :confused5:

Both were born in Swansea

1] There was an uncle, brother of Ronald who the 3 girls knew as Uncle "Bim". My wife saw him a couple of times, once while in the convent and once again in the early 1960's. She thinks he was in his mid - late 50's in 1962 and that his wife's name Ivy

2] There was an aunt, sister of Ronald that she doesn't remember ever meeting. She thinks her name was Freda.

So, now to provide the details and what I propose doing:

1] The chap is, we think, Frederick Edgar, who was born in 1906. He was the eldest of the 4 sons and I am getting his B.C. In 1929 he married an Ivy L. Owens in Swansea. I can't find any other possible marriages. Should I buy M.C. on the off-chance that it's the right one or are there other options - less expensive and a longish wait?

2] The girl, she thinks that was Freda, is a total blank. The one we can find is a Freda M. Jones, with a mother - maiden name Thomas - that was born in Swansea prior to 1920 and she was born sometime in late 1919. Again, should I buy the cert. or are there any other ideas?

Cheers
Colin

geneius
22-07-2010, 5:55 PM
Hello and Thank you for the birthday greetings......

Before you buy.....have you found this family on the 1911 census

Frederick Edgar / Freda /Ronald...what elsedo you know about them....

geneius

Colin Rowledge
22-07-2010, 6:18 PM
Hi geneius
Have the family in 1911 - should have provided a link to a previous thread which may help,- entitled "Is this a reasonable career path?"
(http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php/61461-Is-this-a-reasonable-career-path)
I'm in the middle of having lunch, so please, at your leisure review and formulate any questions.

I have also made contact with the son of Cyril, who was born February 20, 1908 and died August 16, 1990.

Thanks
Colin

geneius
22-07-2010, 7:39 PM
1]The chap is, we think, Frederick Edgar, who was born in 1906. He was the eldest of the 4 sons and I am getting his B.C. In 1929 he married an Ivy L. Owens in Swansea. I can't find any other possible marriages. Should I buy M.C. on the off-chance that it's the right one or are there other options - less expensive and a longish wait?

2] The girl, she thinks that was Freda, is a total blank. The one we can find is a Freda M. Jones, with a mother - maiden name Thomas - that was born in Swansea prior to 1920 and she was born sometime in late 1919. Again, should I buy the cert. or are there any other ideas?

1) That is the only one I can find

2) Again that is the only one I can find

Hope you enjoyed your lunch!

geneius

Colin Rowledge
23-07-2010, 2:04 PM
I did enjoy it and right after, I received an email from one of the son's of Cyril who was at least the brother Frederick Edgar and possibly Freda.

He indicated that his wife has compiled some data on Cyril's family and I am now working towards confirming my data.

Cheers
Colin

geneius
23-07-2010, 2:26 PM
Successful evening then! ::clap:

Colin Rowledge
23-07-2010, 2:40 PM
Successful evening then! ::clap:

Yes, very

Colin Rowledge
26-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Well, I never did expect so much!!

Today, I received a 9-page email outlining everyone with spouses, siblings etc. going back to 1812

I may not be on-line much [from a post standpoint] but you know how to reach me!!

Colin