PDA

View Full Version : Help

rockinrev
14-05-2005, 11:02 AM
I'm trying to research my family tree but with real problems. In particular the surnames SMITH (yes I know); JACKSON; ANGELONI; DUCE; SCHROEDER particularly in the LUDLOW/BRIDGNORTH areas. Many thanks.
I'm also trying to find two old school chums from the Priory in Shrewsbury - MARK HOWARD-CARTER and PAT WALSH. They would have left the Priory in the early 70's and would be in their early 50's.
Many thanks.

MJHulme
15-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Hello

Contact me off list with your name and postal address and I will let you have Mark's address.

Mike

Colin Moretti
15-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Hello rockinrev

I can't offer any specific assistance but ANGELONI sounds Italian to me, do you know about the Anglo-Italian Family History Society and the Anglo-Italian mailing list?

You'll find details of the first at The Anglo Italian FHS and a link from there to the mailing list (membership of the society not necessary).

Good luck

Colin

John Clarke
18-05-2005, 12:59 AM
Hi rockinrev

If you can be specific about the problems in the Ludlow area, I may be able to help.

John

FredP
24-05-2005, 7:44 PM
You don't give any dates for your enquiries. I can only help with entries from Pigot's 1828/9 Directory of Shropshire. No ANGELONI, DUCE or SCHROEDER, and only one JACKSON -

RICHARD JACKSON, painter, plumber and glazier, Bell Lane, Ludlow.

A number of SMITHs of course -

JOHN SMITH, gent, Old Street, Ludlow,
ANN SMITH, builder and cabinet maker, Broad Street, Ludlow,
JOHN SMITH, brazier, King Street, Ludlow,
WILLIAM SMITH, grocer and tallow chandler, Bull Ring, Ludlow,A number of SMITHs of course -

JOHN SMITH, gent, Old Street, Ludlow,
ANN SMITH, builder and cabinet maker, Broad Street, Ludlow,
JOHN SMITH, brazier, King Street, Ludlow,
WILLIAM SMITH, grocer and tallow chandler, Bull Ring, Ludlow,
HUMPHREY SMITH, iKing Street, Ludlow,
EDWARD SMITH, joiner, Lower Broad Street, Ludlow,
JACOB CHILD SMITH, gent, Castle Street, Bridgnorth
REVd, WILLIAM SMITH, Badger, Bridgnorth

JNO T SMITH, Town Clerk & Clerk to Collector of Taxes, High St, Bridgnorth3EHUMPHREY SMITH, iKing Street, Ludlow,
EDWARD SMITH, joiner, Lower Broad Street, Ludlow,
JACOB CHILD SMITH, gent, Castle Street, Bridgnorth
REVd, WILLIAM SMITH, Badger, Bridgnorth
JNO T SMITH, Town Clerk & Clerk to Collector of Taxes, High St, Bridgnorth
WILLIAM SMITH, New Inn, St Mary's St, Bridgnorth.

Hope this is of some help, FredP.