PDA

View Full Version : Heyburn Family, Antrim

Linda-D
02-07-2010, 2:10 PM
Interested in any information on the Heyburn family who were living at 6 Bells Street at the time of the 1911 census.
William Heyburn, age 29, b Antrim
Honora Heyburn (nee Purcell), age 28, b Tipperary
Agnes Heyburn, age 9, b Antrim
William Heyburn, age 8, b Antrim
Sarah Heyburn, age 4, b Antrim
Winifred Heyburn, age 2, b Antrim
Particularly interested in Agnes and anything on her marriage to Hastings Fitzroy Page some time around 1926 I think but anything anyone can tell me about anyone here will be gratefully received.
Thank you.

grisel
02-07-2010, 3:25 PM
hi there

I had a look around some Irish sites and nothing so far for Agnes or for Honora or for Hastings Page (great name!). William looks to be on the 1901 census age 19 in Antrim.

There is a marriage for a Hastings F Page to a Rose Powell in 1921 in Paddington but you probably already have that.

Did the family - and Agnes - stay in Ireland or did they move away?

obbie
02-07-2010, 3:30 PM
on
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;t=searchable;c=1408347
William Heyburn wed NORAH Purcell belfast marriage oct-dec 1901 volume1 page 363 . order from roscommon gro .
on
http://www.ancestryireland.com/index.php?ai_home
you can search for free births and marriages but have to buy certs

grisel
02-07-2010, 3:55 PM
Well done for picking up on that marriage obbie - took me a lot of fiddling on the pilot site to get to where you found it. Doesn't seem to be showing on the UHF/ancestry ireland site tho - or maybe I'm doing something wrong there too....

Linda-D
02-07-2010, 5:35 PM
Thanks to both of you for looking - and for the marriage. Guess Norah decided to be Honora!

Yes, have found Hastings Page and Rose Powell and I'm not sure if this is the same Hastings or not although I've not got the cert for this - BUT Hastings and Agnes went to live in the US in 1928. They had a son, Fitzroy Page, born 1927 in England - although I've not found any reference for this either. In 1930 they were living in Brooklyn. H F Page was an organist and google books throws up lots of references to him playing the organ in Manchester prior to going to the US where he continued the profession. Agnes went to Scotland in 1832 and Fitzroy and son, now Richard Page, travelled to Southampton in October of the same year. Agnes later married Alexander Blair and on her naturalization papers said she'd not had any children. It's a mystery of mine that's been hanging around for a while and I'm trying to put more "flesh on the bones" of the families involved. Although I do know what happened to Agnes in her later life (I've had contact with a nephew) I'm curious to know what happened to Fitzroy and son. If I can fill in some gaps .....

Hope I haven't bored one and all to death here...

Linda-D
02-07-2010, 6:20 PM
Should say "Hastings Fitzroy and son, now Richard Page....". Sorry....

obbie
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
1. H F Page born circa 1893 . age 27 . departed calcutta arrived 16 feb 1920 london on ship city of london a music teacher .

2 . H F and agnes son fitzroy arrived new york 2 sep 1928 on ship carinthia H F Page born poona child born london agnes whitehouse northern ireland . H F music teacher - cinema organist .

3. 1930 us census H F Page born british indian ocean territory , richard page son 1927

4. father and son leave NY-southampton 26 oct 1932 ship berengaria address given , 29 aberdeen rd dillis hill london .

5 . agnes page and son roy age 5 . new york - glasgow 19 june 1932 . 53 premier drive shore rd belfast . ship caledonia .
agnes is correct age but record dosnt give place of birth , ive given record solely becuse name fits and because of address ,
you can do some research and either prove or disclaim it , son roy isnt given a place of birth either .

6. hastings f page and ethel a kemp married 1941 j-s 8e 1813 blackpool lancs .

7. hastings f page death 1967 age 75 ealing middlesex 5b 5 .

8 . poona is in sulawesi indonesia , star fish shaped large island , i was there several years ago scuba diving , fabulous country friendly people .

9. son richard - fitzroy or fitzroy - richard i assume the first the US 1930 census says hes (i think) 3 years 2 months , if you find out what month census was taken you should be able to count back to correct year and qtr he was born in london , theres 3 births round right time , you might be able to pinpoint which one .

10 . finally as irish marriage records only go as far as 1921 for ulster , and ulster historical society records are for down and antrim only , you need to search in northern ireland for the marriage record of agnes and hastings to see if exists , i had to go through goverment agency for BMD,s they searched and found my record sent me an email copy and hard copy of record cost 10 stg .

good luck in your research

obbie
03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
forgot to say maybe agnes didnt have children to hastings , maybe his child from previous marriage , so her step son . ?

Linda-D
04-07-2010, 7:40 AM
Thanks Obbie for the detail. I had the immigration back and forth info on the family but had never thought about the fact that the son could be Agnes' stepson. What I think I am going to do now is get the death cert and the later marriage cert for H F Page to see if that gives me any other clues - who registered, witnesses etc. Then order the possible Richard Page certs. I've been through the Irish records for a marriage and haven't found anything. I think I had hoped that by posting the message I might find someone else researching the same family who may have known things I hadn't. It's all good fun!

obbie
04-07-2010, 9:51 AM
is there some way you could find out who lived at 29 aberdeen rd dillis hill london in 1932 to see whom hes going to ?
might be interesting
goodluck

grisel
04-07-2010, 10:03 AM
There is a death of a Rose S Page , St Martin dec Q 1926 1a 594 and a birth of a male Page mother's maiden name Powell also Dec Q 1926 St Martin 1a 556.

Might be worth considering.

Linda-D
05-07-2010, 8:28 AM
Thank again all for your suggestions. Plenty to follow up on - hopefully with some of the puzzle solved!