PDA

View Full Version : Can't read this either

wenfri
29-06-2010, 3:21 PM
Found a Hannah White marriage

Northumberland, NewCastle upon Tyne, 1821-1830 St John page 39

HAve the date etc but can't read his last name nor which parish or chapelry he is from.

Sorry for being a pain.

Yes it is from Family, Pilot Search

Why do they have to be so difficult for my poor eyes. May need new glasses when I am done :frown2:

Wendy

emeltee
29-06-2010, 3:40 PM
Hi,
It looks to me like

Thomas Stephenson of the Chapelry of Lainshaw and Hannah White of this parish were married 6th November 1822. Witnesses Thomas Ellrington and Henry Cockburn

Hope this helps,
Emeltee

Pam Downes
29-06-2010, 3:50 PM
I would agree with Emeltee that it's Thomas Stephenson, and that the name of the Chapelry ends in 'shaw'. I don't know Northumberland well enough to hazard a guess at the beginning of the name, though I think it begins with 'S'.
Date I think is 10th November 1822, but I agree about the names of the witnesses.
Pam

wenfri
29-06-2010, 5:14 PM
Thanks for your help

I don't know Northumberland well enough to hazard a guess at the beginning of the name,

I haven't a clue at all being from Ontario and have never been to England. Mayhap that will change at some point in my life.

Wendy

Kerrywood
30-06-2010, 12:01 AM
I would agree with Emeltee that it's Thomas Stephenson, and that the name of the Chapelry ends in 'shaw'.

I would agree with Emeltee and Pam.

How about Painshaw (now known as Penshaw)?

http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/descriptions/entry_page.jsp?text_id=968420#header

wenfri
02-07-2010, 2:53 AM
How about Painshaw (now known as Penshaw)?

Looks good Liked the link too thanks

Wendy