PDA

View Full Version : greatgrandparents

angela 75
07-05-2005, 8:34 PM
i have been looking for info on my greatgrandfather MARC LANCIEN.
he came from france to guersey in 1900.then went back to france and moved to jersey in 1920.
i have looked at the jersey hertiage trust site and found my greatgrandmother MARIE LANCIEN-GAUTIER in there site and two of her daughters but not my greatgrandfather.i know he was in jersey at least til 1925 when my grandmother got married.
i was told a story that my greatgrandfather was deported from the island back to france but i can't find anything on him.he should have papers on file showing that he came to jersey and when he left.when someone is deported are there files sealed and if so how long are they sealed.
i found my greatgrandparents on the census for 1901 in guernsey.
but nothing with both of them in jersey.
i have my greatgrandmother's registration papers from jersey but would like to get her registraion from guersey but don't know how to find that.i have found my great great grand father pierre gautier on the 1891 and 1901 census for guernsey in st.michael in the vale in guernsey came from france to work as a stone/cracker he was 53 yrs old in 1901.so if any one can help with guernsey i need to find there registration cards like the ones i found in jersey for my greatgrandmother. !!!please help me!!!! from sunny florida...
angela