PDA

View Full Version : Minstead - Thomas White Postman

kerrie
07-05-2005, 1:47 PM
I am trying to find any information on Thomas and Mary White and their family from Minstead. On their son's death certificate it have the father - Thomas as a Postman. James died in 1868 in Brisbane Australia. On the 1841 census he was living in Jersey Channel Islands, he married Louisa Matilda Isherwood they had 7 children in Jersey moved to Brisbane Australia and had 3 more, then James died and Louisa Matilda goes missing. I have the information on the Isherwood family its the Whites that I am interested in, I believe that Thomas White' wife's maiden name was Wiseman. This is also iformation that I got of James death certificate. Any and all help or advice is more than greatly appreciated.

Colin Moretti
07-05-2005, 8:49 PM
Hello Kerrie

You could try the Royal Mail Archives, they have the staff records of postmen going back to the year dot (or at least to the earliest days of the Royal Mail).

I certainly found details of my g grandfather who was a letter carrier in the 1850s.
At the time I was able to visit the archive myself so I don't know if they offer a research service.

Good luck

Colin

sally
07-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Hi Kerrie

You don't give any birth year or age of James on the 1841 census so not sure if what I have will be any good to you.
I have however extracted all WHITE entries on the Minstead BTS 1780-1812. If you think these may be useful in your research then please get in touch with me.

Sally

[email protected]