PDA

View Full Version : re PayPal

BeeE586
21-05-2010, 11:39 AM
I am almost 99% certain that this is a scam. I have just received an e-mail purporting to be from PayPal reporting 'a possible unauthorized attempt to access my account' and asking for verification of my bank details.

I have not responded, but can anyone tell me - does PayPal do this ? I think it very unlikely.

Eileen

maesglas/ssclub
21-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi BeeE486
no one like paypal or banks would ask for your details by e mail, its a scam.
Robert

Nightryder
21-05-2010, 11:53 AM
I Have received these emails more than once they are a scam, under no circumstances would paypal request your account details via email.

Geoff Wycherley
21-05-2010, 12:27 PM
My loved one has used paypal for some years and has never been asked for bank details from them. If in doubt as we have done when anything suspicious has arrived in the inbox is to forward the email to paypal for them to investigate.

Peter Goodey
21-05-2010, 12:33 PM
From the PayPal web site -

Remember PayPal will never email you to ask for your:

* Credit or debit card numbers
* Bank account numbers
* Driving licence numbers
* Email addresses
* Passwords
* Your full name
* Postal address

We will only ever ask you to enter personal details on the secure PayPal website, after you have safely logged in to your PayPal account.

BeeE586
21-05-2010, 1:23 PM
Thank you - a scam as I suspected. I will forward offending e-mail to PayPal but no doubt they are aware of it.

Eileen

gasser
29-07-2010, 6:56 PM
Just a warning to everyone that the offending emails 'supposedly' from PayPal are surfacing again.
Today I received an email which was suspicious from the start - paypal has my other half's email address.
Take a closer look before you open any emails, instead of PayPal.com they use PayPaI.com.
Needless to say I have reported this to PayPal
so beware people....Once again, do NOT open the emails you receive from paypai.com.

Mutley
29-07-2010, 7:22 PM
Yep, I received one also, straight in the junk box it went, without opening it. :wink:

Ladkyis
29-07-2010, 7:57 PM
proper emails from paypal will use the name you are registered with for your account. They never ask you for anything by email and always tell you to go to your account to to anything. I don't think they use a link to their site but I can't be sure of that as I always use ny bookmarks to get there

British Viking
29-07-2010, 9:28 PM
Yep, I received one also, straight in the junk box it went, without opening it. :wink:

That's the BESTt course of action.

You're not as daft as you look........ :)

spison
29-07-2010, 9:44 PM
And naturally they're world-wide. These emails have been coming to me off and on for months. I also send them straight to the bin. I didn't think of forwarding them to PayPal. I'll do so in future.
Jane

Mutley
29-07-2010, 10:28 PM
That's the BESTt course of action.

You're not as daft as you look........ :)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/dragzor/mutley1.jpg
I don't really look daft, do I?

v.wells
29-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Good cartoon Mutley :thumbsup: