PDA

View Full Version : deaths at kettering crem / corby cemeteries

nataliew
19-05-2010, 8:48 PM
Hi
Am hoping someone can help me with tracking down the final resting places of a branch of my family who ended up in the Kettering / Corby area. my mum lives in this area now and these are relatives who played an important part in her childhood but she lost touch with.
They lived and died in the area from the 60s on - one death is registered in Kettering in 1964, the other 2 are 1978 and 1980 in Corby and I know their address was Danesholme at the time.
Does anyone know how I can trace where they were buried or cremated so my mum can visit and pay her respects?
Thanks!
Natalie

MarkJ
19-05-2010, 8:55 PM
The local council Cemeteries Department should be able to give you the information - however bear in mind they may well charge for this. I was quoted £31 per name searched per cemetery or crematorium by one council. So as you can see, it could work out pretty expensive if there are several cemeteries/crematoria in the area.

Mark

Jan1954
19-05-2010, 9:04 PM
Hello Natalie - welcome to Brit-Gen,

Another idea is for your Mum to see if there are any back copies of the local newspapers. The main library should be able to help. There could be death announcements that give details of funeral arrangements.

nataliew
21-05-2010, 8:20 PM
Thanks those are both great ideas. I'll let you know how I get on!