PDA

View Full Version : 1891 Medomsley - Mary WEEDY and children

mary elms
05-05-2005, 11:28 AM
If you are looking for this family

Mary WEEDY widow 34, Jane L WEEDY 9, Albert E WEEDY 11, Sarah S WEEDY 6

on the 1891 census at Ancestry you will find them mis-transcribed as WHITE because they're living with Mary's parents Robert & Jane WHITE
RG12/4091/68/7

I've tried to notify Ancestry of the error but get their subscription page whenever I try!

Mary.

PS - I'm 99.9% certain that Robert WHITE is my ggg grandfather so if this family is in your tree we have a common link.

robocop
07-11-2005, 10:55 PM
I am looking for a lily weedy - probably about to be born early 1900s- can you help?

Trish
07-11-2005, 11:13 PM
...I've tried to notify Ancestry of the error but get their subscription page whenever I try!...Mary, you should be able to "correct" the name. When you click on the one of the "wrong" names and get the page that gives you the census details for that person, you should see a box titled "Page Tools" in the upper right corner. One of the links in this box is "Comments and Corrections" which, if you click on it, will allow you to post an alternate name for this person. It works. As more people post corrections, it should make all our lives easier!

Trish

mary elms
08-11-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks Trish. That's the link I tried before with no success. I'll give it another go.

Mary.

mary elms
08-11-2005, 12:46 AM
I am looking for a lily weedy - probably about to be born early 1900s- can you help?I haven't followed this family forwards into the 20th century so I'm afraid that I can't tell you if there's a link or not.

In your e-mail you said that you couldn't find Lily in 1901 but that she gave birth to a son in 1922 in Nottingham. Do you have Lily's marraige certificate? It should give her father's name and occupation. It will hopefully also give you her age.

As you say most of the WEEDYs are in the north east at this period. Looking at FreeBMD there's a Lillian WEEDY born in the South Shields district in the Sept quarter 1904 (GRO Ref: vol. 10a page 873) that could be a possible. That would make her about 18 when her son was born.

Another thought that occurs to me - have you tried any alternative spellings on the 1901 census just to be sure she's not there?

Mary.

Trish
08-11-2005, 1:14 AM
Thanks Trish. That's the link I tried before with no success. I'll give it another go.

Mary.Do keep trying. I've managed to be successful at it. I think Ancestry continues to "enhance and refine" the operation...

Trish