PDA

View Full Version : Missing Posts?

Fulhamster
03-05-2005, 9:22 PM
Dear Each,
For some short time I have had the suspicion that some of my posts have not been logged. I posted twice this evening and the post count stayed at 71. I 'Located all posts by Fulhamster' and found that there are 98! Any thoughts, ideas? Thanks (post 99 /72?)

Peggy
03-05-2005, 9:41 PM
Posts to the same thread don't go in the count. And I don't think that posts to the chat Forums do. All something to do with this junior/senior stuff, which seems to come with the software.

Peggy

Jo Simpsons
03-05-2005, 10:13 PM
I think as Peggy says, it doesn't go up for adding to a thread or on general chatter. But your posts were most helpful to me :)

Jo

susan-w
03-05-2005, 10:17 PM
I was amazed at how many posts I'd made - I thought I'd only posted about five times. What could I possibly have had to say??? :)

Jo Simpsons
03-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Just looked at mine, shows 350 but on my posts in my profile 399. Talk more to you lot I think! Hubby always says I talk more in my sleep! May be if he was in ? LOL

Jo :)
OOps sorry 306 not 305
350 even!

Ladkyis
03-05-2005, 10:32 PM
right back at the beginning there was a message from Rod that said that the General forum did not count in the post count and the junior and senior thingies were just a sort of marker to show when you posted more than 100 messages and had no significance - mine says Moderator and actor searcher or something like that and Londonwhay has (earned her wings) instead of senior. take a look at the pages where you set up your profile and see how to customise it - neat

Ann

jeannie
04-05-2005, 10:59 AM
... and the junior and senior thingies were just a sort of marker to show when you posted more than 100 messages and had no significance - mine says Moderator and actor searcher or something like that and Londonwhay has (earned her wings) instead of senior. take a look at the pages where you set up your profile and see how to customise it - neat. AnnI can't seem to find where you mean - please could you give a few more directions? Thanks
Kind Regards

Fulhamster
04-05-2005, 1:14 PM
Dear Each,
For some short time I have had the suspicion that some of my posts have not been logged. I posted twice this evening and the post count stayed at 71. I 'Located all posts by Fulhamster' and found that there are 98! Any thoughts, ideas? Thanks (post 99 /72?)

Dear Each,
Thank you, most kind, for all of your replies. I didn't see the earlier post by Rod ... thanks for pointing it out. Looking at it now I can see the logic behind the idea of not registering certain posts. You know it makes sense! Thanks once again.(73) :)

Ladkyis
04-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Jeannie, if you click on user CP in themenu bar at the top of the page this brings up your profile pages then click on edit profile in the sidebar menu and you can see the box for changing or customising the title. Rod did mine when we were discussing why it said junior and senior and I like it.

Ann

Geoffers
04-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Just looked at mine, shows 350 but on my posts in my profile 399.
When you get over 500 posts (It won't take long :) ), then those are all that will be displayed in the 'show all posts' user history.

Geoffers
fiftteenhundred-and-something-or-other (I think that's my age).

jeannie
05-05-2005, 12:17 PM
Jeannie, if you click on user CP in themenu bar at the top of the page this brings up your profile pages then click on edit profile in the sidebar menu and you can see the box for changing or customising the title. Ann[Trying very hard not to appear stupid] Thanks for your reply, but the headings I get are:
Email & Password
Birth Date
Home Page URL
Instant Messaging
Biography
Surnames
Occupation
Am I in the right place? None of these seem to be it. Thanks
Kind Regards

Geoffers
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM
[Trying very hard not to appear stupid] Thanks for your reply, but the headings I get are:
Email & Password
Look to the blue horizontal bar near the top of the screen. On the far right, next to 'Log out' select 'Quick Links'.

Under the group 'User Control Panel', select the link 'Edit Profile'.

You should be able to change most things from here.

Geoffers

jeannie
05-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Look to the blue horizontal bar near the top of the screen. On the far right, next to 'Log out' select 'Quick Links'.

Under the group 'User Control Panel', select the link 'Edit Profile'.

You should be able to change most things from here.

Geoffers[Rapidly losing the battle not to appear stupid] Thanks very much for the suggestion Geoffers, but I get exactly the same headings as I listed in the post above, with no sign of the one I want. What is it called on your screen? |banghead| Thanks
Kind Regards

Geoffers
05-05-2005, 1:00 PM
[Rapidly losing the battle not to appear stupid] Thanks very much for the suggestion Geoffers, but I get exactly the same headings as I listed in the post above, with no sign of the one I want. What is it called on your screen? |banghead| Thanks
Kind Regards
'Custom User Title', just above the birthday.

Geoffers

mary elms
05-05-2005, 1:29 PM
[Rapidly losing the battle not to appear stupid]

You're not alone - I 've been following this thread fascinated by the fact that I can't find it either - not that I want to change it particularly - it just got me curious!

It wouldn't be Geoffers & Ann are both moderators and we're not would it?

Mary.

Diane Grant-Salmon
05-05-2005, 1:59 PM
Got it in one Mary! I realised this a long time ago when I was trying to get an avatar. Moderators can *see* things we can't. I'm a Manager of an MSN Group and I can see and do things which other Members can't.

So, problem solved ...... I haven't read this until today, otherwise I would have answered earlier. :D

Rod Neep
05-05-2005, 8:28 PM
You're not alone - I 've been following this thread fascinated by the fact that I can't find it either - not that I want to change it particularly - it just got me curious!

It wouldn't be Geoffers & Ann are both moderators and we're not would it?

Mary.
Don't worry about it. Not everyone can even see that option.

Regards
Rod

mary elms
05-05-2005, 10:15 PM
Not worried - just amused ;)

Ladkyis
05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
:o sorry

Ann