PDA

View Full Version : Boer War Nursing Casualties - Part 2

Tonym
29-04-2010, 2:17 PM
I make no apology for opening a new thread regarding Boer War Nursing Casualties. with 435 views in my original post I would assume that many of the viewers would have a similar interest as myself regarding recording casualties. So if the information that I posted was of assistance to others I am pleased as the more people who commemorate female casualties of war the better as they are well down the popularity list when it come to Military History.

However, whilst I may have assisted others, with the exception of a couple of corrections to my information, my unfortunate ladies did not benefit.

I am particularly interested in where my ladies were buried; whilst I had the location of their deaths I was not prepared to guess that they were buried in the vicinity of where they died, guesswork does not exist in research.

So two points that I am interested in are the location of their graves and the existance of any Boer War Memorials that commemorate female casualties of the war. I would be most grateful for copies of photographs of these graves and memorials and will PM my email address if anybody can assist

Regards,Tony

Jan1954
29-04-2010, 2:28 PM
Tony's original thread is here (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?56127-Boer-War-Nursing-Casualties) and lists the names of the ladies to which he refers.

Rather than perhaps duplicating any information already provided, please post any replies on the original thread.

Meanwhile, I shall close this thread so as to keep all information in one place. :smile5: