PDA

View Full Version : HENRY ENDEAN - St Columb Minor

Barbara Wilkinson
02-05-2005, 10:39 PM
I have been passed some information by another researcher (one whose judgement I trust!!), but could not find confirmation in the Parish Registers when last in Cornwall.

Henry Endean, son of Michael Endean, baptised 1566 in St Columb Minor, probably died 1647. He appears to have married Jone Dasperil (his second wife) in 1616, and had several children, amongst them Arthur Endean, baptised 10 October 1631.

I have seen Arthur's baptism in the Parish Register, but not Henry's - has anyone access to these records?

Many thanks

Scottie
03-05-2005, 3:48 PM
I
Henry Endean, son of Michael Endean, baptised 1566 in St Columb Minor, probably died 1647. He appears to have married Jone Dasperil (his second wife) in 1616, and had several children, amongst them Arthur Endean, baptised 10 October 1631.

I have seen Arthur's baptism in the Parish Register, but not Henry's - has anyone access to these records?

Many thanks
Hello Barbara,
I am afraid the information is a little garbled as Arthur christened 1 oct 1631 is the son of Humphrey Andeyne and Alse Peirs married 16 Jun 1623 in St Columb Minor. Henry Andeyne son of Henry and Jone Dasparil married 3 Mar 1615/16 in St Columb Minor was baptised on 11 May 1619. His other four siblings were all girls. :)

Barbara Wilkinson
03-05-2005, 4:39 PM
Very strange :confused: !!!

I have looked again at the notes I made last time in the Record Office in Truro - I was obviously running out of time, and looked only at the transcription they have there.

I have a note of the following - all children of Henry:

Henry, baptised 11 April 1619
Barbara, baptised 27 December 1621
Christian, baptised 25 February 1623/4
Jone, baptised 7 April 1627
Arthur, baptised 10 October 1631

I had been told there was another daughter, but could not find the record.
I had also been told that Henry had married in 1614, and then to Jone Dasperil in 1616 - but looking at my notes, clearly did not look for these marriages.

I had been under the impression that Arthur was the father of Thomas, baptised 13 April 1667 at St Newlyn East, and the Thomas was the father of Robert, baptised 2 February 1726/7, St Newlyn East. Robert was then the father of Elizabeth who married Robert Glanvil - that story is on another thread!!

I am quite willing to tear all this up and start again ;) - but wonder just how much of it is wrong ....! I know - from looking at my notes again - that it was only the transcript that I used to confirm some of these dates, but had thought it as reliable as any transcript can be!

I never saw anything for Humphrey at all - but then I wasn't looking for him!!