PDA

View Full Version : Hartwig of Pomerania (Germany)

bluekat
14-04-2010, 9:50 PM
Hi Everyone, I know this site is mainly for those with English decent but I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how to get over a brick wall when it comes to German pommerania. I cannot find any information on
my Hartwig ancestors who were suppose to have lived in Pomerania Germany. Maybe one of you just happens to be related in some way to these Hartwigs and can help. I have tried every site I can find on the net but
unfortunatly I am getting nowhere. It's like they never existed. Can anyone Help.

Their names were:
Jacob Hartwig b:1803 (I believe Jacob married Wilhelmine Arndt abt 1828)

Their children were
Johann b: 1823
Ferdinand Julius b:1826
Michael Hartwig b:1828 Gersdorf, Pommern

Michael married Christina Raut/Randt abt 1841.
Their children were:
Johannes b;1849
Caroline b: 1851
Auguste b;1854
Hermann b: 1864 Gross Gustrow, Germany

Hermann married in Australia to Bertha Briese b: 1858 Klein Nakel Germany Her parents were Ernst Briese and Wilhelmine Pacholke.
Hermann was my great Grandfather.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can proceed? I have been struggling with this brick wall for over three years and am at my wits end.
Can you help me. Thank you for your time.

cheers
Bluekat

Kerrywood
14-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Hi bluekat,

I have moved this post to a new thread of its own in the Europe Genealogy forum, where it should attract the attention of members researching this area.

LaurenceB
15-04-2010, 5:40 PM
I have had a quick look on Geneanet and on gedbas.genealogy.net/ where I have found some of my ancestors, and found some Hartwigs but not yours. However it may be worth a look if you haven't tried these.

Laurence.