PDA

View Full Version : Positive ID

carolchipp
10-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Last April I posted a photo for dating in the hope I could identify the sitter (great grandfather or his son?) and a later post identified it as an opalotype.
A year later and I have a positive ID!
I've just come back from 2 nights in the UK staying with Mum, who suddenly said, 'Didn't you want that picture of my grandmother?' She then produced a pair of photos of said g.grandma AND her husband - the very same photo that had been made into an opalotype!

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac276/carolchipp/10-04-2010235101MAJC.jpg

Not only that - with these was a card containing 2 postcard photos of her parents c.1914 with the original Kodak negatives tucked behind.

Not a bad days work all in all!

v.wells
11-04-2010, 1:23 AM
That's fabulous Carol ! :) At least your mother remembered who they were :) What a really successful trip and well worth it :)

Waitabit
11-04-2010, 4:59 AM
Wonderful Carol, & what a lovely looking couple. they have a look of the Irish about them. Are they Irish?

Wendy

Jan65
11-04-2010, 12:16 PM
That's fantastic Carol, I remember the photo of your g grandfather in your original post. It's great you now know who he is!

carolchipp
11-04-2010, 3:28 PM
Wonderful Carol, & what a lovely looking couple. they have a look of the Irish about them. Are they Irish?

Wendy

As far as I know, both Lancashire born and bred. If you remeber the cleaned up picture Hugh did, g.grandfather looks very young since he must have been somewhere between 26 and 33 when it was taken.