PDA

View Full Version : Memorandum: James Salmon, Great Oakley

ChristineR
30-04-2005, 8:11 AM
Found this (undated) item in the back of the Parish Register.

MEMORANDUM
Mr James Salmon of the Lodge erected his Pew here in the Chancel in the year 1800 by leave of the Revd John Carr, Rector -- At this time Mrs Salmon & Daughters usually sat & claimed a right of sitting in the Pew facing the Reading Desk --
Witness -- John Townson, Curate and Agent to Mr Carr.

LDS Film: 1565653
Essex Record Office ref: Item 14, D/P 47/1/2
Births Marriages Deaths 1673-1776

Diane Grant-Salmon
30-04-2005, 8:44 AM
Hi Christine,

When I came here this morning, your message was at the top of the New Posts and my heart skipped a beat ...... I thought you had found a snippet on one of my husband's possible Ancestors!

However, I came back down to earth when I remembered that my James Salmon lived in Kirby and wasn't born until 1813.

I'm putting a message here before Myth :D or Linda send me an email asking me if this one is mine!

Linda
30-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Interesting snippet Christine.

To bad he isn't "yours" Diane :(

Linda

ChristineR
01-05-2005, 7:48 AM
I'm putting a message here before Myth :D or Linda send me an email asking me if this one is mine!

I suppose a moment's excitement is better than none at all :D I knew I had seen that surname somewhere before.
Christine

robinadexter
14-06-2005, 3:54 PM
Hallo on another subject Christine - and, especially, Diane
I have an Anna SALMON in my ancestry. She married in Hitcham, Suffolk in 1715 to one of a long line of John CLOVERs. It is possible that she died in 1749.
The CLOVERs overlapped Essex and Suffolk. This John's father is supposed to be buried in Great Oakley. So I am wondering if Anna SALMON is of Essex origin.
Any links here?
Cheers,
Robina

Diane Grant-Salmon
15-06-2005, 9:52 AM
Hi Robina,

Sorry, but I can't help with your Anna at all. I only have one SALMON name in my file, this being a James.

I *just know* that this particular one is the Father of one of my husband's Ancestors, Frederick Grant, the illegitimate son of Mary Ann Grant, but unfortunately I can't prove it! :(

robinadexter
15-06-2005, 9:21 PM
Much as it concerns me that I may simply be cluttering the site with mere politeness, I still feel the need to say Thanks for the reply Diane.
Robina