PDA

View Full Version : Graig Terrace - Morriston

forestlea65
02-04-2010, 1:36 PM
My mother's marriage certificate in 1928 gives her address as Graig terrace, Morriston. This is also the address that was shown on her mother's death certificate in 1918. I've checked my A-Z of the Swansea area and can find no reference to Graig terrace and wonder if this terrace has simply been been re-named or did it disappear to make way for some other development. I would welcome any information.

Terry

Sue Mackay
02-04-2010, 3:02 PM
There are two Graig Terraces in Swansea but the one in Morriston on my old A-Z is a tiny street linking Graig Road to Clyndu Street. Put Clyndu Street (Swansea SA6) into Google Maps and scroll up to its northenmost point where it forms a V junction with Graig Road. Zoom in and you should see a little terrace across the point of the V.

forestlea65
02-04-2010, 7:58 PM
Hi Sue

Thanks for your reply. I went into google as you suggested and spotted the small terrace linking Graig Rd and Clyndu Rd. In my Street map of Swansea/Neath/port Talbot (3rd Revision) Graig Rd is shown as Craig Rd which may explain my confusion. What year was your old Morriston map? I may need to visit Swansea Archives or Swansea Library to look at some of the older maps of the area.

Really appreciate your input you're a gem

Terry

Sue Mackay
02-04-2010, 9:35 PM
My A-Z map doesn't have a date on it that I can see but it only cost 60p and the London phone number on the back has an 01 code, so I've obviously had it a good while :smile:

Morriston
18-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Re: GRAIG TERRACE, MORRISTON.

As the Morriston Historian I hold a lot of photographs and maps on Morriston which incorporates Graig Terrace. It is a row of houses that was demolished in around 1989 due to subsidence in that part of Morriston. If I can be of anymore help, please don't hesitate to contact me.
With best wishes, Andre Scoville

AndreMorriston AT gmail DOT com

forestlea65
19-06-2010, 9:17 AM
Thanks Andre for the information
Terry