PDA

View Full Version : How do I delete PMs

tony vines
22-03-2010, 8:51 PM
After 6 years I have to admit that I still don't know how to do various things on this forum. I've had what I take to be an automated message advising me that my PM folders have reached the permitted limit. I need to do some housekeeping to accept any more. So far, so good but I cannot find how I do that. I am used to right clicking and selecting delete but that doesn't work.I also use a site where I click in the select box and then delete the selected items but I cannot find a delete button and the the one on the keyboard doesn't work either. For the life of me I can't find the FAQs where I might find the answer.

I would like to remove them selectively rather than as a block.

Answers on a postcard please

Jan1954
22-03-2010, 8:59 PM
Go to notifications at the top of the board and click "Inbox". That will take you through to any messages that are in there.

In the sidebar on the left are the various folders. Select whichever you want.

You should now have all the PMs in that folder listed. Click in the little box on the right so that a tick appears. When you have done that to however many you want, click on the "Select Messages" drop-down box at the bottom. One of the options is to delete. When you click that, all the messages that you have selected will disappear.

Don't forget to read them first to see what you would like to save.......

Meanwhile, FAQs are in the blue bar at the top of this page.

A bit more than will fit on a postcard, but I hope that it helps. :smile5:

christanel
22-03-2010, 9:00 PM
Hi Tony
Go to your inbox, tick the little square to the right of the message, click on Selected message box and up comes a drop down menue for you to choose what you want to do with the message.

RobinC
22-03-2010, 9:01 PM
Tony,

You have to tick the small box next to the messages you want to delete and then click on the silver box that says "Selected Messages", you will then see a list of options including "delete". Choose delete and you will be rid of said messages.

tony vines
22-03-2010, 9:22 PM
Thanks Jan, guys and gals. Got it. Another new thing learned today - another of life's ambitions partly achieved!

I never did find the FAQs but I'll continue to ask as I go along!

You can close this thread now if you want.

Have a good evening/day

Margaret Peart
22-03-2010, 9:33 PM
Thanks -- now I will know how to do this when the need arises -- and I did get to visit Basingstoke once and it was lovely
Margaret

tony vines
22-03-2010, 9:44 PM
Hey! A fan of Basingstoke. Good on you Margaret. I agree with you. Many don't but it has a lot to offer and lovely people like everywhere else. My wife doesn't agree but I'm hanging on to the washbasin by my fingertips.