PDA

View Full Version : Gillett families in Littleport

mick
27-04-2005, 5:58 PM
I am currently reseaching the various Gillett families who lived in Littleport and surrounding villages from the mid 1600's onwards. Would be keen to get in touch with anyone else doing the same.
Mick

Philbee
22-06-2005, 8:34 AM
Hello Mick,
We have several GILLETTS in our D/B. Anyone specific that we may be able to help with?
Philbee

Di&Trev
22-06-2005, 9:33 PM
Hi Mick
My Gillett ancestors were all in Hertfordshire, if you have any from Littleport & surrounds that link into the Herts clan (around Hoddesdon, Wormley) I'd appreciate the info.
Warm regards
Diane
North Wales

mick
22-06-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi Philbee.At the moment i am researching two family lines .One is the descendents of Christopher Gillett born abt 1773 and Ann Cross. The other is Thomas Gillett born abt 1755 and Rebecca Crabb.I am trying to find out if the two lines converge to a common ancestor sometime in the early 1700's or earler than that.
I think that Thomas was the son of Thomas Gillett and Rebecca Wilkinson who married in 1752.
I also think that Christopher was the son of John Gillett and Jane Harley who married in 1756 but the problem is that a Christopher was also born to Thomas and Mary Gillett in 1772.
I would be very keen to share information with you.
Mick

LES DEAR
15-12-2007, 3:04 PM
Hi Mick
My Gillett ancestors were all in Hertfordshire, if you have any from Littleport & surrounds that link into the Herts clan (around Hoddesdon, Wormley) I'd appreciate the info.
Warm regards
Diane
North Wales
Diane,
My Grandmother was Lillian Gillett she married Phillip Dear, I think her fathers name was Albert Gillet. Lillian had a brother Fred and and a sister Doll, i am fairly sure Lillian was born in Wormley. Hertfordshire.
Regards
Les Dear