PDA

View Full Version : THOMAS CLARKE and JANE BRETT ancestors

mjwgerman
03-03-2010, 4:45 PM
I can't imagine where the parents of THOMAS CLARKE and JANE BRETT can be. Thomas and Jane left from Westport Ireland on May 21, 1842 on board the Britannia . They were registered as Thomas Clarke age 27 and Jane Clarke age 22. A PATRICK CLARKE, age 28 , is also registered as a passenger on the Britannia. He might be Thomas' brother. They raised a family in Ontario/Quebec and are buried at St Lukes Cemetery at Eardly, Pontiac County Quebec ,Canada.
Now that is a lot of information but that is were it ends. I was in Westport last year and know it is not surrounded by a brick wall but I can't trace their parents . Would I ever be grateful for a new lead. Cheers
MJWGerman

Jan1954
03-03-2010, 5:11 PM
Hello MJWGerman - welcome to Brit-Gen,

As Westport is in County Mayo, I have moved your query to that forum so that it may attract the Ireland researchers.

There are not as many records for County Mayo as there are for other Irish counties, so have you seen this book (http://www.parishchest.com/shop/index.php?cmd=viewproduct&cat=&id=P81929&pageOffset=0), which could well point you in the right direction?