PDA

View Full Version : Census Help

Elizabeth Firth
23-04-2005, 2:19 PM
I am trying to find information about Carl and Sarah Jane Nathusius who lived in Nottingham. As yet I have not found them on 1901 census. Only address I have was on death certificates for both (19, St Peter's Street, Nottingham Sub distrist of Bulwell). I would appreciate any information. Does St Peter's Street still exist? A photo, (ancient or modern) would be fantastic!

Bammers
11-06-2005, 1:42 PM
St Peters Street still exists and is in Radford (there is nothing in Bulwell to the best of my knowledge), some of my relatives lived there at the turn of the century, I have been meaning to visit the place and take some record photo's, once I get the chance, probably witin the next month, I'll contact you and pass on what ever exists of no 19.

When did your relatives die? and have you looked on earlier census records, these families seamed to move about quiet a bit even within a small locaton, also try looking in the trade directories for Nottingham, they can be quiet usefull and sometimes give street be street registers of persons living there as well as tradesmen and women.

Regards

Paul

Elizabeth Firth
03-11-2006, 2:16 PM
I have just found out that the family lived at 46, Clapham Street, Radford Nottingham in 1891 and 1901 census.
Carl Nathusius died on July 10th 1916 at Nottingham Workhouse Infirmary and his wife Sarah died at 19 St Peter's Street, Nottingham.
If you do manage to get some photos I will gladly reimburse you. Sorry for the delay in replying.
Regards Liz