PDA

View Full Version : Wallingford - Moody

SwineTown
23-04-2005, 2:05 PM
Hi,
1st post so excuse any lapses in forum etiquette.....

I am researching the surname "Moody" in Wallingford in Berks & Oxf. I just wanted to discover if any posters encountered any interesting resources.

I am also interested in "Druce" and "Beazley"

I have access to the last 4 censuses, GRO and IGI but I am yet to view parish records or earlier census returns. I would be interested to know if any researcher has determined what survives of the Wallingford Union records? (aside from census returns).

Regards
ST

christopher_n_lewis
24-04-2005, 1:31 AM
I have access to the last 4 censuses, GRO and IGI but I am yet to view parish records or earlier census returns. I would be interested to know if any researcher has determined what survives of the Wallingford Union records? (aside from census returns).
ST
Check out the range of CD and fiche from Oxford Family History Society, and also their Search services for the earlier census.

Also check the catalogues of
Centre for Oxfordshire Studies http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/index/libraries_heritage_countryside/cos.htm
Oxfordshire Record Office http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/index/libraries_heritage_countryside/oro.htm

Christopher

SwineTown
24-04-2005, 4:25 PM
Many thanks for the links. I really should organise a trip to the Record Offices in Reading or Oxon to see the fiche but, as I suspect many do, I prefer to obtain as much as possible to work on at home.

Any other "Moody" hunters out there? :)

Any other Wallingford researchers?

Montybasset
01-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I was born at Wallingford but my family moved into the area and away again, so little evidence for me there. Good to see someone lese knows that town exists LOL

Moore
04-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I am descended from the Moody/Nunn/Warwick clan who lived around the South Morton/Brightwell/Wallingford area. Any other realtives out there???? I'm researching my family tree and would love more info if anyone has it.

Regards
Moore
Reading
Berkshire