PDA

View Full Version : civilian war dead

josie
23-04-2005, 5:39 AM
Hi are there any lists of civilian war dead for the Camberwell london area

i am looking for a Ann Elizabeth Nicholls nee Granville who died 11/1/1941 age 45yrs have been told during an air raid.

Geoffers
23-04-2005, 11:37 AM
i am looking for a Ann Elizabeth Nicholls nee Granville who died 11/1/1941 age 45yrs have been told during an air raid.
Do you have her death certificate? This may give brief details in the cause of death.

Geoffers
Charlbury, Oxfordshire

josie
24-04-2005, 1:01 PM
No i have no other details other then what i have been told, i was hoping to find her on some list and go from there.

Geoffers
24-04-2005, 2:59 PM
No i have no other details other then what i have been told, i was hoping to find her on some list and go from there.
I'd suggest beginning with the obvious and simplest and order her death certificate. Is this somehting you know how to do, or whould you like some advice on where to look and where to order?

Geoffers

josie
25-04-2005, 12:36 AM
I think i know how to go about getting her death cert, would it be right just to apply at the general register office at southport?

Geoffers
25-04-2005, 7:57 AM
I think i know how to go about getting her death cert, would it be right just to apply at the general register office at southport?
Yes, they will be able to issue a copy, you will need the reference from the GRO index of deaths, this can be seen at many Local Studies Libraries/County Record Offices in the UK, or you can search online using 1837online, (this is a pay-per-view website).

If you know when and where someone died, then you can also apply for a certificate from the local registrar - this is often a more efficient service.

Geoffers

Ken Boyce
25-04-2005, 6:10 PM
Hi are there any lists of civilian war dead for the Camberwell london area

Have you tried the Civilian Lists at CWGC
http://www.cwgc.org/cwgcinternet/about.htm

josie
29-04-2005, 8:03 AM
Thank you for your help.