PDA

View Full Version : I've lost the plot!!

dreward
23-02-2010, 8:16 AM
I seem to remember - before the great reincarnation of recent weeks - that it was possible to view all the mails, not PMs, you had ever sent over this forum. I need to go back a while for a message and the reply.

Perhaps the grey cells are dumbing down but for the life of me I cannot find this feature anymore. Is it still there? Or is not yet reactivated
or am I thinking of another forum?

Anyone?

Dave

Waitabit
23-02-2010, 8:21 AM
Me too Dave, for different reasons. Have you tried the 'Search' facility? that should work even if you can't find other leads into....me I'm just ambling along now, but soon someone who knows will put us both right.
However, if you click on your name, it will show all Forum posts, ifthat's what you mean. probably not, you want to extend the posts shown don't you?

Ladkyis
23-02-2010, 8:22 AM
When you say messages do you mean the ones you post into a thread? if so you should look up in the top right-hand corner of the web page and click on "my profile" then in the left hand column of your profile click on "find all posts" and this will list all your posts in every thread. Then you can just look through until you find the one you want.

JAP1
23-02-2010, 8:23 AM
Hi Dave,

Unless I'm misunderstanding your query, I think that all you need to do is to click on your posting name in your post above, then click on View Forum Posts.

All the best,

JAP

Waitabit
23-02-2010, 8:28 AM
what they said. |biggrin|

JAP1
23-02-2010, 9:10 AM
Hello Waitabit (and anyone else who may share your reaction - I hope none do!),

I answered dreward virtually immediately after his post (there had been no replies).
And I pressed 'Submit Reply'.
Nothing happened for several minutes - quite a considerable time.
I sat at the computer wondering why it was taking so very very long for my reply to be processed.

I can now only assume that this is a feature of the software when several people are trying to post at once on the same thread.
Eventually my reply appeared with a much later time - and I saw that the question had already been answered with earlier times listed (who knows who was the first to try to submit an answer).

I debated whether I should bother to explain my apparent 'duplication'. I thought it hardly worth while as the times on the three replies - Waitabit 8:21 (subsequently edited at 8:24), Ladkyis 8:22 and JAP1 8:23 - were surely self-explanatory.

However, given your reaction, I now explain and apologise to Ladkyis and you.
My duplication was completely unintentional.
I was merely trying to provide a straightforward answer to a straightforward question and was certainly not trying to duplicate anybody else's answer.

Kind Regards to All,

JAP

Waitabit
24-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Hello Waitabit (and anyone else who may share your reaction - I hope none do!),

However, given your reaction, I now explain and apologise to Ladkyis and you.

Please JAP, absolutely no apology required. My remark was directed at myself, meaning " I meant what they said", as Ladkyis & yourself answered much more clearly than I had. sorry you thought otherwise.

what they said. |biggrin|

I must stop takingshortcuts & make myself clearer. |oopsredfa

MarkJ
24-02-2010, 1:02 AM
Strange duplications happen - it seems to be a bug which has affected many of us (myself included!). Hopefully it will be sorted at some point with updates to the forum software.

Mark

Ladkyis
24-02-2010, 8:33 AM
HI Jap1, no need to worry. about duplication of information because everyone seems to have given a slightly different way to do the same thing. I think it is lovely that several people were prepared to answer and shows what a lovely forum this is, where no question is considered silly and everyone just wants to help -

dreward
24-02-2010, 8:45 AM
Hi Dave,

Unless I'm misunderstanding your query, I think that all you need to do is to click on your posting name in your post above, then click on View Forum Posts.

All the best,

JAP

Hi JAPI and all other helpful souls.

Your solution was the one I was looking for and the one I think I seem to remember from far-back and now indelibly imprinted into the grey matter.

Anyway I found the message I was looking for.

Thank you all

Dave