PDA

View Full Version : Charles Flowers

jacquie35
18-02-2010, 3:51 AM
Hi. I have been hitting a brick wall with this problem for years so i
have decided to explore all known facts.
My problem is finding the birth of my GG Grandfather. Charles William Flowers i have done a search for him and found a website on civil war
soldiers and it has him born on March 8, 1845 at Littleport, Cambridgeshire,England but i can't find him..

On his death certificate it has Rev William Benedict Flowers as his father but i have traced his family and going by the dates he would have been 16 then becames a anglican minister and his Mother Charlotte Cornwall. Charles Fought in the Civil War for Ohio U.S.A and married rachel Priest they then came to New Zealand. I am wanting to get his birth certificate but because i don't no where he was born it is a little hard.
Also another thing i find interesting is that Charles and Rachel had a son called William Benedict so there must be some tie somewhere.
Are you able to help me?|banghead|

steve-fuff
22-02-2010, 8:50 PM
My problem is finding the birth of my GG Grandfather. Charles William Flowers i have done a search for him and found a website on civil war
soldiers and it has him born on March 8, 1845 at Littleport, Cambridgeshire,England but i can't find him..

If it helps then Cambridge records office have an online search for births marriages and deaths in the 1837-2002 period
the URL http://www2.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/db/ridbirths.nsf/search?OpenForm will get you the births page but the links off to the marriages and deaths are there too.
Once you have the parish identified then Cambridge Family History Society have pretty much all of the parishes on CD.
Check the christian name(s) as neither the CAMDEX nor FreeBMD has a charles Flowers born in Cambridgeshire around that time.

Kerrywood
22-02-2010, 9:04 PM

On his death certificate it has Rev William Benedict Flowers as his father but i have traced his family and going by the dates he would have been 16 then becames a anglican minister and his Mother Charlotte Cornwall.
I wonder if you were able to get anywhere with the Charles CORNWELL birth that was suggested the last time you posted this brickwall (http://www.british-genealogy.com/forums/showthread.php?46447-flowers-family)?

1851 census (record in care of TNA, crown copyright)
HO107; Piece: 1764; Folio: 725; Page: 22
Sandhill, Littleport, Cambridgeshire
Hannah CORNWELL Head Mar 49 Cambs Littleport
Charles CORNWELL Grandson 5 Cambs Littleport

Births
Jun Qtr 1845
CORNWELL Charles
Ely 14 53

Did you try the above birth certificate? Or has this now been ruled out?

Kerrywood

davidcarca
23-02-2010, 8:27 PM
The same request was crossposted on the 18th to a mailing list, and the suggestion there was exactly the same as Kerrywood made last May - get the birth cert of Charles Cornwell. Jacquie said "I think i will send for the certificates and just see"

jacquie35
24-02-2010, 6:44 PM
I am sorry i made a bit of a muck up. I thought i had found a new Forum i didnt realise i had already posted.