PDA

View Full Version : Mary Hannah and Edward/Eduard LOZEY

bjelkier
01-02-2010, 2:19 PM
I am trying to trace the deaths of Mary Hannah Lozey and her husband Edward/Eduard. They married in Guernsey in 1836, and later moved to England. The census for 1841 and 1851 have them living in Jersey and in 1861 were visitors in Guernsey, I have not found them in 1871. In 1881 they were living in Croydon in Surrey with 3 grandchildren but I cannot find any further reference to them or any death records. I wonder if they moved back to the Channel Isles and died there.
Does anyone know if it is possible to access any of these records online?

Thankyou
Bjelkier

Stewart Hill
03-02-2010, 6:34 PM
Hi

There are very few online records available. However at the Archive Centre web-site
http://jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je/archive.html I can see records for a baptism of Charlotte Celina, somewhere between 1841 and 1848 and James Anthony between the same dates.

Stewart

bjelkier
04-02-2010, 5:00 PM
Thankyou Stewart,

Edward and Mary had 4 children that I know of, Edward John, Heloise, Alphonse and Charlotte [aged 8 in 1851] but I haven't come across a James Anthony so that is someone else to follow up !
Heloise died in Gravesend in 1859, Edward John in Croydon in 1876,and Alphonse emigrated to America. In 1861, Charlotte was visiting Guernsey with her mother and I think she may have stayed and married there but that is something else I have been unable to confirm [or otherwise].

Bjelkier

Stewart Hill
04-02-2010, 5:39 PM
Hi Bjelkier

I just want to add that I haven't checked the parents of these 2 children.

Stewart

bjelkier
04-02-2010, 5:51 PM
Hi Stewart,

I have just checked the link you gave me and Charlotte's parents are Antoine Edouard and Mary Hannah Brewer and James' are Edward and Mary Brewer so I think they must be siblings don't you? The names Edward and Anthony run through each generation in various combinations too.
Bjelkier.

Stewart Hill
04-02-2010, 6:35 PM
I would go along with that!

Stewart