PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ashton and Susannah Ogden

mikebannister
17-04-2005, 10:36 PM
Hi there,
I am new to this list normally searching WOOD, HARDMAN, ASHTON, & CALLAND in the CHESHIRE List. However after some help in locating an elusive relative I have now progressed with the help of the IGI to the marriage of the couple above at Manchester Cathederal on 2 Oct 1815. I am now looking to
a) confirm this event
b) obtain as much information as possible from the Parish Register Entry, especially the names of the father's and mother's of each party and the names of the witnesses.
Could SKS please do such a lookup for me?
Kindest Regards and Thanks in advance
Mike Bannister Albury Australia

uksearch
18-04-2005, 12:28 PM
As this marriage is pre July 1837 there was no requirement to state the names of the fathers of the bride and groom on the PRs.In the period that this event took place,Manchester Parish Church (elevated to Cathedral status in 1847) marriages did not always have witnesses...or at least they failed to sign the PRs on numerous occasions.I'll post what details there are tomorrow.

UK

mikebannister
18-04-2005, 8:54 PM
UK Search
I really appreciate that assistance and maybe a pointer as to where a "Boy from OZ" will search next if the records are as barren as they could be. I have noticed people talking about licences, how would I search these. I searched Wills on Line at Cheshire Records Office but didn't see any reference to being able to do the same with licences.

Regards
Mike Bannister

uksearch
19-04-2005, 9:13 AM
Take a look at this site:

http://www.sog.org.uk/vg/

UK

mikebannister
19-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Hi UK Search,
Did you have any luck with the entry in the parish register, I can't pick that up as yet, but I may be stupid, may of us are due to a weakening of the gene pool
Regards
MikeB

uksearch
19-04-2005, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=mikebannister]Hi UK Search,
Did you have any luck with the entry in the parish register, I can't pick that up as yet, but I may be stupid, may of us are due to a weakening of the gene pool
Regards
MikeB[/QUOTE

Cor blimey!!!! give me a chance mate!!!! I haven't looked it up yet...later!!!

UK

uksearch
19-04-2005, 12:45 PM
Marriage Solemnized in the Parish Church of Manchester in the County of Lancaster 1815
Aaron ASHTON, Bachelor of this Parish and Township of Gorton,Hatter &
Susannah OGDEN,spinster of this Parish and Township of Gorton were married... by Licence...this second day of Oct.Both signed.Witnesses Hannah ANDREW(S) & John OGDEN.

UK

mikebannister
19-04-2005, 8:23 PM
Thanks UK Search,
Great Confirmation, now to visit the site you suggested.
Sorry for seeming impatient, my excuse is "time zone confusion mixed with old timers diease"
Very gratefully
Mike B