PDA

View Full Version : Finding TODAY'S POSTS

michaelpipe
27-01-2010, 1:38 PM
When logged on there is a tab for NEW posts, which may only list a couple of messages. Where is a link for TODAY'S posts, so the last days posts can be viewed?
Without this, navigation is a nightmare.

michaelpipe
27-01-2010, 1:54 PM
I only have 7 posts showing there

arthurk
27-01-2010, 2:18 PM
I managed to work out that What's New gave me the list of posts since I was last here, but there's a minor problem with the results in the list. Next to the message/thread title there's a down arrow which is supposed to take you to the First New Post - i.e. the first one you haven't read. However, at present it's taking you to the first page of the thread (like when you click the thread title). It's not a major problem, since there's a link on the thread's first page to First Unread Post, but it looks like a bug to me. (Possibly in the vBulletin software - I can't imagine it's a setting they would want anyone to be able to change.)

Arthur

Lincoln Lad
27-01-2010, 3:18 PM
Arthur, if you look right, there is a >> next to the last posters name, this takes me to the last post on the thread.

Like Michael, I do not have many "New" threads showing, it only seems to show the last hours worth, possibly Bo can get that altered.

lesleys
27-01-2010, 3:44 PM
Also if you click on the time of posting it will take you to the last post in that thread

arthurk
27-01-2010, 4:02 PM
But I don't usually want to go to the last post. If there were 8 posts in a thread when I last visited, and now there are 15, I want to go to #9, not #15. I already knew about the >> next to the name, and had read earlier about clicking the time. Thanks for trying, but it's not the answer.

Arthur

arthurk
27-01-2010, 4:25 PM
Possibly connected with the New Post issue: after posting a message we used to be taken straight to where it appeared on the thread's page. Now we go to the top of the last page and have to click First Unread Post to see it.

(Slight amendment to my original comment here: clicking the First New Post down arrow seems to take you not to the first page of the thread, but to the top of the one where the first new post is.)

If this is a deliberate change I expect I can get used to it, but as it's not as easy as it used to be, I do wonder if it's a bug.

Arthur

Mutley
27-01-2010, 5:24 PM
I think these are both issues that are being sorted Arthur.
You will find changes keep happening in the background as we post.

It seems that a lot of overtime is going on back there. ;)

arthurk
27-01-2010, 5:39 PM
I think these are both issues that are being sorted Arthur.

I'm sure a lot is being done behind the scenes - and it's not the kind of job I'd look forward to. But as no-one else seemed to have mentioned these things, I thought I would, just to make sure they get on the list of things to look at.

Arthur

susan-y
27-01-2010, 6:07 PM
|oopsredfa
I know I replied to this post last night..my time! Its not here!
If you go to ADVANCED SEARCH --top right
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
FIND POSTS
you can sort through the posts in the box that says " any date".. and the other box will take you to the present.
It seems to give you lots of options....

Sue

michaelpipe
27-01-2010, 10:16 PM
|oopsredfa
I know I replied to this post last night..my time! Its not here!
If you go to ADVANCED SEARCH --top right
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
FIND POSTS
you can sort through the posts in the box that says " any date".. and the other box will take you to the present.
It seems to give you lots of options....

Sue

But that is only when you are searching for something specific - it doesn't change the number of recent posts that come up.

All I am looking for is a way to view the whole days posts, as happens if you are not logged on, but as soon as you log on that list reduces to the number of posts since last log on, and if that was 5 minutes ago there might only be one or two on the list. THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A LINK TO VIEW THE WHOLE DAYS / LAST 24 HOURS POSTS.

Can someone please explain.

Mutley
27-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Not just now, maybe in a couple of days, but at the moment it is a learning curve for us all.

It will improve, please be patient.

susan-y
28-01-2010, 2:41 AM
But that is only when you are searching for something specific - it doesn't change the number of recent posts that come up.

All I am looking for is a way to view the whole days posts, as happens if you are not logged on, but as soon as you log on that list reduces to the number of posts since last log on, and if that was 5 minutes ago there might only be one or two on the list. THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A LINK TO VIEW THE WHOLE DAYS / LAST 24 HOURS POSTS.

I can get it to work if I scroll to yesterday in the" anyday" box and leave the other box at "and newer". I may get a few extra, but that's okay..

Sue

Sue Mackay
28-01-2010, 8:32 AM
As an interim measure you can always do what I did yesterday (the Mods are affected by this in exactly the same way). For various family reasons I had to log in and out quite a lot yesterday, and kept losing New Posts. In the end I logged out, read Today's Posts through completely as a member of Joe Public, and made a note of which Forum any I could/needed to reply to were in. They were then easy to find when I logged in again. I did miss one reply to a subscribed thread, which was of interest to me although I didn't need to reply to it, but I received an e-mail notification about that as usual overnight.

sue2white
28-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Ahha!!
I have discovers how to find todays posts!!!

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/MSN-Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-116.gif (http://freesmileyface.net/Free-MSN-Emoticons-Smileys.html)

In advanced search - top right hand corner - type TODAYS POSTS!!
As the meercat says 'SIMPLES'. Up popped 100 or so posts. Success!!

All I need now is to find threads I started , not mingled with my posts.

Sue

PS Ooooo! Having looked again, there are more than just todays posts......

sue2white
28-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Well....I believe I have found ALL Posts....not just todays. But who cares. That's better than none.
Try it!!

Sue

Dargie
29-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Well that was an experience. I started to submit a reply and at NO stage clicked on submit and it came up here half baked. I was using quote from Sue and it came up as a quote from me!

This is just plain scary and it is sure one way to keep me quiet! I am a silent observer now for some time. EEK!

Marj

sue2white
29-01-2010, 10:37 AM
All I need now is to find threads I started , not mingled with my posts.

Done it!! Not as easy as before and in alphabetical order rather than date order, but I've found them all the same!!

Sue:o

junedye64
02-02-2010, 6:14 PM
Is the finding todays posts still a problem for some people.

It's happened to me just the last couple of days. I just clicked on "Whats new" and I got one posting.

I've just tried logging out and logging in again. The message said no new posts but to get last 24 hours post click here. So at the moment that is what I'm doing.:)

June