PDA

View Full Version : Success

RobinC
24-01-2010, 9:05 PM
As a few people on here will know, I have been researching my family tree for about a week or so now and have made steady progress thanks to the kindness of others.

I was mainly using Ancestry in order to carry out my research and noticed another family tree contained similar names to the ones that I am looking for and contacted the owner of the family tree in question to offer information about the marriage and descendants of a member of his family tree.

Since then, I have been given a complete list of people from one branch of my family tree which stretches from the early 1800's to the present day which match other names that I have come across.

sue2white
24-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Fantastic news!

As time goes by, you will meet other members of your family, who you will not be able to say how many steps removed they are from you, as they will be so distant. But it is still exciting! I have met some great people from all sides of the globe.

I must say that I now prefer to 'find' new branches of my family through my own research. Not only are you sure (to a point) that they are yours, but it is also very satisfying that you have actually found each and every one yourself. It is useful to have 'little' pointers every now and again from someone in the know....like here!!

Well done.

Sue|hug|

v.wells
24-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Good for you Robin! :) Just make sure you dble check everything. :) I have made some great contacts with some distant rellies and most of them have been truly fun and become great e-friends. That's my social networking and I love them all.

B-G is a great place for help and getting steered in the right direction. Keep up your good effort |hug|