PDA

View Full Version : 76 Squadron.....Book??

sandpiper1809
24-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I am hoping that someone will be able to assist with my enquiry.
I am researching Albert Charles Thornhill born 1925 and died 23/10/1944. He flew with 76 Squadron and I am lead to believe that a book was written by flight engineer Sgt J Hampton which has photograghs of my relative. I am keen to find the title of this book so that I can purchase a copy.

if anyone can give me some help on this and help with my search for this book I would be most grateful

gasser
24-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Not sure if this will help you ........... Amazon uk lists a book entitled " To See The Dawn Breaking" which relates to the RAF 76 squadron and its sorties, it was written by W R Chorley.

cfww2
24-01-2010, 10:17 PM
The book you are probaly thinking of is Selected for Aircrew by James Hampton (ISBN: 1871187176). I don't have a copy so I couldn't say whether there is a pic you are after.

I do have a copy of To See The Dawn Breaking somewhere and will have a look through.

CF

Dee Boneham
23-04-2010, 11:35 AM
If you want a copy try amazon.co.uk, alibris.co.uk or abebooks.com (put www in front) as they all do second hand versions of rare or secondhand more expensive books.....
Dee

jb3223
27-10-2014, 7:58 PM
Hello,
did you get what you wanted? I have posted you a message regarding Sgt Thornhill's final mission as my grandfather was serving with him.
JB

I am hoping that someone will be able to assist with my enquiry.
I am researching Albert Charles Thornhill born 1925 and died 23/10/1944. He flew with 76 Squadron and I am lead to believe that a book was written by flight engineer Sgt J Hampton which has photograghs of my relative. I am keen to find the title of this book so that I can purchase a copy.

if anyone can give me some help on this and help with my search for this book I would be most grateful