PDA

View Full Version : PARIAS, SCHUMANN FROM GERMANY

Happy Jackie
22-01-2010, 9:01 PM
My husband's grandparents, Wilhelm Parias and Wilhelmina Schumann emigrated to Saskatchewan, Canada from Germany in 1896 and were naturalized in 1905. Wilhelm was born 25 Oct. 1867 in Germany according to his naturalization records and 1911 census. His wife, Wilhelmina was born 3 Aug. 1870 to Karl Schumann and Charlotte Eschmann. I have no further information on Wilhelm and have no idea where to look although his grandchildren thought he could be from Alsac Lorraine. Karl and Charlotte spent only a couple of years in Canada and returned to Germany. I have their dates of birth from the 1906 census but unfortunately, their home is only stated as "Germany" although another contact believes that Charlotte was born 16 July 1837, in Schwersens, Posen, German. Karl was born 8 July 1834 in Germany. My brother in law remembers seeing a picture of a German pilot on his grandparents wall and was told he was a "famous German pilot". Another drawback is that I don't speak or read German. Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jan1954
22-01-2010, 9:12 PM
Hello there,

You may find this (http://www.parishchest.com/shop/index.php?cmd=viewproduct&cat=&id=P84652&pageOffset=0) to be of help in your research. :)