PDA

View Full Version : roots magic

olliepolly
18-01-2010, 6:17 PM
After weeks of wondering which software programme to ask for as a pressie I finally decided on Roots Magic, which came today. I have downloaded the programme on to my pc but it is still the free trial version!!, does anyone now where i find the registration key to unlock the full version?? I would have thought it would be in the packaging but its not?? please help??
:confused:

Mutley
18-01-2010, 6:49 PM
Sorry, I am a little confused.
Are you saying that you have Essentials, the free version, and cannot unlock that to use it.
or
that you cannot unlock the full paid for version?

There is a blog site where you can ask questions.

blog.rootsmagic.com/?p=578

olliepolly
18-01-2010, 6:58 PM
I had the free version for a while to try it, I know have what i thought was a full version on cd which came thro post, but after putting it on pc its still the free version until I enter a registration key??? Im probably being a bit dim but I dont know where to find the regestration key number? it is not in the pack.

Neil Wilson
18-01-2010, 7:00 PM
A lot of software have the registration key on a label, either on the packaging or on the case itself. Hope that help you.

olliepolly
18-01-2010, 7:11 PM
Well thats what I thought, but I cant find anything on packaging or label. I have sent a message to roots magic asking them about it, but they are taking their time getting back to me, Everyone is soooooo knowlegible on here I just thought id see if anyone knew what I was doing wrong.
thanks anyway.
|wave|

Mutley
18-01-2010, 7:24 PM
If what you have is the 'paid for' version it is normally on the CD itself.
A long string of numbers and letters.

Sometimes within the program, under the help, (the row of dropdown menus across the top) it says something like "Register this version". If you click on that it will take you to their registration section. You must be connected to the internet.

arthurk
18-01-2010, 7:38 PM
I've just installed RM 4 (after happily using v.3 for a few years). I got mine on CD from a UK supplier, and there was a registration number stuck inside the case which I entered immediately after installation. I also had to (or at least decided to) register the program with RootsMagic themselves - this was done from within the program, and automatically included the number I had input before.

If you got the CD direct from the US it may be different - some software companies send out unlocking keys by email. If you can't find a number with the disc, it would be best to contact wherever you bought it from. A phone call might give you the quickest reply - depending on your contract, a short call to the US can be surprisingly cheap, or even free.

Arthur

olliepolly
18-01-2010, 7:48 PM
Thank you so much for your help, I have emailed the place where it was purchased from, I have also emailed roots magic, just have to wait now, was so excited aswell when it arrived today, very frustrating I can tell you!!
:confused:

olliepolly
19-01-2010, 5:33 PM
I have my registration code!!! problem solved:)
apparently the supplier said that some had been shipped over without the code but they were able to give me one in email.

v.wells
19-01-2010, 5:37 PM
I have my registration code!!! problem solved:)
apparently the supplier said that some had been shipped over without the code but they were able to give me one in email.

Glad the problem was solved Heather :D

arthurk
19-01-2010, 7:24 PM
Glad to hear you're in business!

Arthur