PDA

View Full Version : A great start to my new year

Sandra Parker
09-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I have just been put in touch with a new cousin, well older cousin newly found! The photos, both current and historical, have started flying back and forth.
From not knowing anything at all about my maternal family a few years ago, my New Year present has been contact with the children/grandchildren of the 3rd of my mothers 10 siblings.
I made contact with the children of the first 2 a year or so ago, and was so thrilled to actually meet them last year.

I know the family details of 2 more although I have not yet managed any contact. Another one died as an adult who did not marry.

The remaining 4 died as young children.

So another bit of the jigsaw is in place. I had to share it here, as family just don't appreciate the thrill of such success!
Sandra with a very happy spectacled aura. |jumphappy

busyglen
09-01-2010, 11:35 AM
How marvellous Sandra.....I can see why you are over the moon!

Try as I might, I still haven't managed to link up with some of my cousins, which would be fantastic if I could. I know most of my closest cousins, but there are still others that I have only just discovered, but so far haven't been able to contact.

This is really a great New Year present, and I hope you will have even more fun discovering other new family members. :)

Glenys

arraspoppy
09-01-2010, 3:12 PM
I know just how you feel Sandra!

I have had contact in the early hours of today, with a second cousin in Canada. I have never met him, but knew of him. Funnily enough, the family humour shone through in his messages and it is so good to be in touch with someone who knows of the family quirks, that only another family member can understand! :-)

Just had a lovely message from Bo Peep too, so am having a really nice day. :-)

Hope you have a wonderful year xx

v.wells
09-01-2010, 4:43 PM
I know just how you feel too Sandra! It is wonderful isn't it. :D I found my dad's nephew last year and 3 nieces. The nieces and I all correspond but not the nephew (he is 82), other than the initial contact. He did send photos of himself and family but not of my uncle, who is the last one that I need.

I am so happy for you |hug|

Nicolina
09-01-2010, 6:31 PM
it is a good feeling, isn't it? I've also found cousins in America, Australia, France, Spain and the British Isles. I also recent met another cousin who I last saw 50 years ago.
Hope you find many more (and get the photos you want).

spison
09-01-2010, 7:07 PM
Sandra,
I'm very happy for you. Are they in Australia or somewhere else? These stories always give me a warm glow.
Jane

benny1982
09-01-2010, 9:16 PM
Congratulations Sandra. |hug|:)

Sandra Parker
09-01-2010, 9:45 PM
No Spison, they are all in snowy England, not too far from where it all started, the main family in 1868, in the East End when the original pair got married, They came from Germany. I have traced my Grandfather's family back further in Norfolk, and have some great contacts and distant relatives though that branch.
So basically, still the wider London area, although the new one has recently moved to Hampshire, and my original contact for this close branch (aunts and uncles families), is now hiding out in even snowier Scotland.
Appreciate greatly the responses and understanding of forum folk in knowing just what a success story means! (especially to someone who had spend her whole adult life believing that there were NO relatives on my side (my Dad's parents had both died when I was small, and his 2 sisters did not marry or have children - and in any case they were in England and I was in Australia)
So I'm still |jumphappy

Sandra whose aura is even more spectacled now!

susan-y
09-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Sandra whose aura is even more spectacled now!

I think that aura is now a sparkling one.:) It is fun getting to know new cousins and no matter how distant ( relationship wise and distance wise) its amazing the similarities we find.

Sue

Jane Gee
10-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Congratualtions Sandra I was fortunate enough to find a cousin now in his 90s
20 years ago and the info he and his brother gave so generously was absolutely priceless and very accurate.
Jane