PDA

View Full Version : Extremely Useful Book

patdrenten
08-01-2010, 2:23 AM
There is a book in the Society of Genealogists (SOG), published in 1911, edited by Dr. Collins. The title is The Collins of Knaresboro, but it is much, much more than the Collins. It contains many, many families connected to the Collins and appears to be written to verify male ancestors for the purpose of male heirship and most are at least 4 generations, starting in the 1800's, some going back to the early 1600's. It is fully indexed and not all of the families are of Yorkshire. as couples met each other in places like London and Bath. When I again visit SOG this summer, I'll ask the staff about my listing the family names on this site but don't know if it will be allowed. I consider it a very important book to beginners as I had my Plumers back to the 1750's and it immediately got me back to 1633. In the meatime, I recommend you visit the Society for 4 lbs. a day and look at this book. Bring a bunch of coins for photocopying.

patdrenten
08-01-2010, 4:22 AM
Here are 4 family names in that book The Collins of Knaresboro: Hall, Plumer, Collins, and Smith or Smythe.