PDA

View Full Version : Help with relative

sanzen
07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Hi Everyone. Years ago my grandmother mentioned in an 'off the cuff' remark that her grand father or great grandfather had fought at the charge of the light brigade. Not sure how true this is, but woiuld love to find out more. I'm living in NZ now so getting to the NA's is a bit difficult.

Ok, as much as I know is that her grandfather's surname was Street and he came from Gillingham in Dorset. I believe that the 11th Hussars were there as my grandfather served with them in WWI.

I have heard of a list somewhere showing details of soldiers involved in the light and heavy and also muster lists?

Can anyone please tell me where I can get a list of soldiers who were in the Crimea so I can cross reference when I manage to find out more. I'm doig this for my mum who is 80 now and would love to be able to provide her with some old family history.

Many Thanks

Lawrence W. Crider
18-09-2010, 3:13 PM
There was no one with the last name of "Street" serving with the Light Brigade in the Crimean War, either at home or in the Crimea, listed on the Muster Rolls of the regiment during the war period.