PDA

View Full Version : NLA Newspapers - Australia

liesl
05-01-2010, 3:35 AM
I have found the following website - National Library of Australia newspapers a godsend when researching my ancestors, including birth, engagement, marriage and death announcements as well as University exam results, divorce info and other social info.

http://newspapers.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/home

Just type in your ancestors name and the search engine will bring up a number of hits. You do have to look through a lot of stuff but you can narrow the search down.

I hope it gives someone some help.

Liesl

fountainpen
22-01-2010, 6:24 PM
Thanks for that I have ancestors in Oz im trying to find .

erica henley
16-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the tip - on my first search I found my maternal grandfather back in 1936 who was taken to hospital with an injury to his jaw unable to explain what had happened!!!

warncoort
17-06-2010, 3:13 AM
Can also help with specific towns.

blue wren
21-06-2010, 4:24 AM
Also another link to nla newspapers,photos and images - just google the word Trove - lots more on offer
Sabina

Hatshepsut
06-10-2013, 2:27 AM
I stumbled upon Trove some weeks ago and now I spend hours on it!
I have found out a lot of info and even photos! We are very lucky, here in Oz, to have such a fantastic facility.:hurray:

Chris Doran
06-10-2013, 11:07 PM
They're not limited to Oz, as these papers (and other free ones like NY Times) replicated articles and BMD announcements from around the world. So you may find UK (say) info you'd have to pay for elsewhere, if you could get access at all.