PDA

View Full Version : Muirhead in Hulme, Manchester

Jan Jones
12-04-2005, 5:08 AM
We would be so grateful if someone could find Edmund Muirhead - probably born about 1841 in Hulme. Is he on the 1851 Census? With our luck it will be in the water-damaged pages and we will never find him!. But I have great faith in
people who share our genealogy passion.
Yours hopefully - Jan in Canada
[email protected]

uksearch
13-04-2005, 1:47 PM
There is only one MUIRHEAD listed in that particular index at 107 2221 folio 99.When I checked it out I couldn't find the name MUIRHEAD.When I see pages like this it amazes me that they bothered to index them.

UK

Trish
13-04-2005, 5:56 PM
We would be so grateful if someone could find Edmund Muirhead - probably born about 1841 in Hulme. Is he on the 1851 Census? With our luck it will be in the water-damaged pages and we will never find him!. But I have great faith in
people who share our genealogy passion.
Yours hopefully - Jan in Canada
[email protected] Do you have the following from the 1871 census -- Edmund MUIRHEAD living at 104 Reather? [somewhat illegible] Street?

Name /Age in 1871 / Birthplace / Relationship / Occupation
Edmund Muirhead 30 Manchester, Lancashire, England Head W'houseman
Maria Muirhead 32 Manchester, Lancashire, England Wife
John W Muirhead 7 Manchester, Lancashire, England Son Scholar
Ellen Muirhead 5 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter Scholar
Harriet Muirhead 1 Manchester, Lancashire, England Daughter
John Fryer 63 Westmorland, England Father-in-law [Widr] Packer
Mary Fryer 21 Manchester, Lancashire, England Sister-in-law H?ald? R??itter [can't make out occupation]
Manchester Lancashire

Source information: RG10/4048
Registration district: Manchester
Sub-registration district: St George
ED, institution, or vessel: 12
Folio: 150
Page: 61
Household schedule number: 329

uksearch
14-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I am not being picky here.The address is Reather St, I cross referenced it with the street index,but the house number was 108.The occupation was Heald Knitter.

UK

Trish
14-04-2005, 1:13 PM
I am not being picky here.The address is Reather St, I cross referenced it with the street index,but the house number was 108.The occupation was Heald Knitter.

UKNot picky. Thanks uksearch. Better eyes than mine.